NON RETRO - Curiosity question....

neilll

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Ok, I admit I know El Zippo about anything built after about 1996 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BUT.....if someone was tempted to buy some new-fangled full bounce 'thing'.....what do people think of Cove's? Are they as good (?) as they look????

neilll":3vhcteu1 said:
Ok, I admit I know El Zippo about anything built after about 1996 :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

BUT.....if someone was tempted to buy some new-fangled full bounce 'thing'.....what do people think of Cove's? Are they as good (?) as they look????

:oops: What is 'Cove's Sounds like a medical condition :shock: :LOL:

Joe":140dfv5c said:
depends what you want to do really....

I've only ever ridden hardtails so I was just curious as they seem kind of high-end....looks like they do DH, Freeride and XC......just idle curiosity, no intention of buying... ;)

OK, I confess it, I was leafing through a copy of MBR in Waitrose yesterday. Well, it was cold outside and ..... Well anyway, there was a comparative test in there of several freeride bikes, all of which will plough through anything if you're game, all of which cost at least £2k, and all of which weighed c42lbs. i.e., all of which they can keep.

I think Cove has a 'North Shore' mission a bit like that. People do buy the Hummer though, but if I was spending that money on a titanium frame, I think I'd spend it on something else, personally.

Cove! Absolutely love mine... it's a Shocker though so probably not what your after. Their hardtails have a really good reputation too especially the stiffee. All coves have spot on geometry for modern riding. Not the lightest though but they are built to take a beating and last. Retro rides in 10-15 years maybe? I reckon the shockers and stiffees will be, their classics all ready in my eyes.

Don't know where that rumour about the paint flaking off came from?! Mine takes some serious abuse from flying rocks/crashes etc and has hardly any chips at all.

Seen a lot of owners on forums moaning about it (especially the stifee) and magazines mention it a fair bit.

Glad yours is okay though :D Perhaps they have improved them lateley

Back