Night Baiku...a strange evening (includes saxophones)

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Night Mountain Baiku.

Raining hard and increasing. Torrential. Joe breaks shifter pod clean in two within mile one. Station master repairs with gaffa tape for him. Omen of doom? Continue. Train late. Cold. Soaked. Summer socks and tights was a bad move. Head off road having blagged Joe's overshoes from him (think he did it just to stop the moaning, actually, know he did :oops: ) He gets a new nickname...MOANSTOPPER. Wet through. Droplets of light flick up past the lumi's and into our field of vision. Freezing. Wetter. Brief relenting of the rain and the moon makes an appearance. Compares for the interlude. Beautiful. Look down and see Little-Isengard (Littlehampton) light pollution through the mist and cloud makes it look like a firey land in the distance. Cut loop short and head out of the woods and for home. Puncture. He on 2.25's get's a puncture! Set to fixing it on the South Downs Way to the bizarre soundtrack of a saxaphone playing a jazz medley in the middle of nowhere!. The most surreal puncture experience I/ we have known. Was it the Jazz Owls? Wait at station for too long and get too cold. Still telling my fingers and toes that it was the best ride of their life.

It's part of my community service Hilts ;)

Gonna miss riding with wu the kung-fu faff black-belt.

Little-Isengard was very scary - it really looked like an evil presence!

Just wondering if it's worth replacing the shifter for the 8 rides or so I'll do before I leave...

... I suppose it'll be worth it.

Arrive home looking forward to night ride...get changed and into shed...fit lights and SPuDs to Avalanche...wait for SPESHMIKE...quick faff and then onto trail...footpaths slippy...1.8's wanting to wash out...consider letting air out but dont want to stop as too cold...hit lots of puddles and mud...cold legs even in tights...woods very slippy through leaves and last nights rainfall...splash through stream crossing...cold...ride on and get warm...hit the roads back to SPESHMIKE's...now spin my legs out home...short sharp best night ride ever.

It's always a 'surreal' experience going on a 'Wu' ride. In a good way :LOL:

Back