GT Karakoram K2 Setpost Size??

cherrybomb

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
I'm having a bit of a hard time working out the size of seatpost I need for this.....

DSCN2215.jpg

The top of the seat tube is 26.6 internal, but it's butted internally around about level with the top of the top tube.

It's too far down inside to get at with calipers, which is an arse!!! :evil:

anyway, before I have to take it down the LBS (on my bike! :shock: ), anyone know what size seatpost early GT steel frames used?

I'm guessing around a 25.4 - 25.6

Any ideas?? :?

Thanks in advance.

Chris.

have you tried sheldon brown web site , he has a very exaustive list of seat post size .

Interesting.....

Didn't have the Karakoram listed, but having a quick read and guesstimating the age of the frame to be about 1990, I reckon on 25.4.

(How did I not notice that that's 1" before looking on th SB site??? :roll: ).

Cheers for the info.

Chris.

Wandered who had bought that karakoram. I very nearly hit the buy now button myself. What's it like? I looked at all the old GT catologues but the K2 wasn't listed.

She's lookin' sweet now. :D

I'm not even sure what year she is. :? Probably late eighties going by the colour scheme and decals.

She's now got a Full compliment of 7 speed LX, new seat post and cables. A nice pair of XT wheels most obtained from this superb site I might add ;) .

All she needs now are a BB, a pair of LX cranks (on their way) and rings
and she'll be up and running.

I'll take some photos tomorrow. :D

I'm pleased with the way she's going.

The K2 became the Elite Around about 1990 as I understand it.

Basically they were a Karakoram with a better tube set. I don't know much more that that at the moment. I'm looking forward to getting her finished, I've never ridden a steel framed GT before.

Back