AMERICAN frames

Sidekick416

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Any of you guys got any info on AMERICAN frames ??

deciding between a M16 and a COMPLITE... juz cant remember their range... :roll:

In the 'Gallery & Archive' i was reading about that maker. Some good pictures of the bikes being made. :D

I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about American Bicycles and have an M-16 and a Comp-Lite. Not sure what you want to know and what you mean by 'range'. If you can narrow down your questions some, I might be able to enlighten you.

Pinguwin

Nope, both were of equal quality. The main difference between them is the Comp-Lite has chainstays that were 16.7" long (could be 16.65, forgive me if I'm off by .05").

The M16 had shorter chainstays that were, well, I'll let you figure out how long they were.

The M16 was meant to be a better climber with the shorter stays and the Comp-Lite had chainstays that were designed for more "all-around" geometry. I've heard from one person that they found it slightly squirrely on descents but I can't confirm that either way.

Take a look at mtbr for this thread on the M16 http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=339526. The guy there has a pretty cool and all around pretty bike, don't 'cha agree? :D

Don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions. Do you have a chance for both bikes or are you going to be sly until you complete the sale :cool:

hmm.. i'm deciding between the M16 or the COMPLITE.. nuthing to be sly abt.. loads of them here in Singapore.. juz wanted to keep one to build as hybrid ;)

when to they date back to ?? Is US$200 a good price to pay for the frame it self ??

Sidekick416":1tgozluz said:
loads of them here in Singapore

I see. I might have to....

Americans in America usually aren't very expensive. The supply is low but the demand is very low too. Too obscure for most people to have any interest them. Yes they are good bikes but that doesn't mean they sell for much. I've picked up a nice used frame for less than half of what you mentioned. If NOS, then a good deal and have seen complete bikes go for not much more.

Pinguwin

I remember wanting one of these BITD.

Ralph Colman Cycles in Taunton had one in the window, a purple anodised M16 :p

Back