Candy pedal problem

tintin40

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Klein Fan
Feedback
View
Have replaced the bearings in my candy's but some thing is wrong now when i cycle it un-winds the pedal :shock: and when i tighten them up it tightens up the pedal so it wont spin. At the end of the axle is a 8mm nut. i followed the instructions to the letter. Also the axle is now longer in the pedal :shock:
Thanks

Could it be that you are missing a locknut off the end of the axle? Would give the impression of a longer axle and explain the undoingness!! Just a guess though I don't profess to be any type of expert.

Jim

Try putting the old bearings back in and see if it still loosens. The new bearings could be bigger or something. Although the more probable cause would be the lack of locknut.

This may stupid but have you got the pedals in on the wrong sides? Do they both unwind or just one side? Are they within the two year warranty?

Thanks good Sir's. The old bearings were loose bearings. I've followed the instructions. I took one off at a time. Yes some thing is missing. Will have to look again. But really i should have stayed with Shimano. The cheap Crank bro are just nasty. Luckier my Candy 4Ti are sweet. should be at the price

Back