Opinions on this frames origins please?

Wold Ranger

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Stumped with this one, it's an unused frame, possibly a dynatech/M-trax, but although the rear triangle looks like Raleigh, the Cable routing, fat tubes and visible lug welds are different. The lugs are steel. Also the screw aperture to the rear of the lower seat tube is nothing I have seen before.
It's reasonably light at sub 5 pounds and the blue enamaling looks very RSP finish.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa242/HARDRAR/Dynatech001.jpg?t=1187032791

That is most likely a MT3 frame, steel chainstays and seat stays. What is the frame number? Most Ti Dyna Tech start C-.

It may also be a M-Trax Ti 1000.

An MT3 it is.

And here's one I made earlier. I still use this bike as a hack, hence the street legal wheel reflectors (you can get fined in Denmark if you ride at night without them) if anyone questions my understanding of the boundaries of taste.

l_40086d989fca843f9a97c4893f949126.jpg

l_650e3cfc171c93a1e0f15dcde227f69f.jpg

And spot the 8-speed mod on the close up
l_b7a089d55c39407fb36afd83fac85996.jpg

Dynatech

The frame number has like a little ovoid square prefix and then indeed a letter "C" before the numbers. Has it actually got Titanium main tubes, not Alloy then? They look more like alloy and also is it bonded then?
Thanks

Is it painted or polished?

If it's stripped Titanium, you'll see a line in the tubing where the titanium sheet was made into a tube.

If it's alloy, you have some kind of a one-off.

Back