What is it? Deore or DX

Alison

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I picked up a set if thumbies from ebay, thaught they might be OK an an old frame I'm putting together. They were advertised as Deore have the code RC for 93 and the model number of SL-MT62.

My question is this, what have I got?

I thought all MT62 circa '93 were DX but I'm sure they had DX written next to the Deore at that time :?

Is it DX or Deore :?:

Thanks

Alison

I seem to remember Thumbies being phased out by 1990 when STI appeared. And it wasn't until 1988 that Derore II (7spd) came in so I'm not sure in that two product years that Deore 7spd shifters were around that they had evolved into Deore DX yet. Hmm, not absolutely sure.

oh yeah, that may have been the (still evident) good trait of Shimano to keep quietly producing the stuff they phase out. (I believe they still make M952 chainrings!)

sorry, know no more. Ask LTS Biker - he seems to know lots about Shimano's number system and years of manufacturer etc.

Deore DX cranks have just got Deore written on them too.

Just proves that like the Germans, the Japanese are super logical up to a point. Nomeclature of products being one of the weak areas... :?

Cool! I have got some DX thumbies for £7 then, they are exactly the same as yours JeRkY.

I'll have to think of what they are going on.

Thanks all

Alison

Back