HELP - I need to get back to the mobile version

justablur

Old School Hero
Earlier today I was checking out some stuff in the for sale section. I was browsing the forum on my phone, so I guess I was in the mobile version. I was trying to get a better look at some pictures and I don’t know what I did, but I clicked a “switch to web version” button or something. Now I can only get the classic web version, which is pretty much unusable on a mobile.
I’ve spent ages trying to work out how to get back to the mobile version, but I’m getting nowhere.
Please help me get the mobile version back, or my secret RB daytime browsing will be over.

Re:

Go to the forum index page and just below the link to the Weight Weenie Listings section you should see 'Delete all board cookies'. Click on that, then click 'Yes' on the next screen, then close the browser or tab just so you don't accidentally get yourself new cookies specifying the desktop site. After that, come back to Retrobike as you usually would and it should be in mobile view.

Re:

Or just go to the very bottom of the page you are on and under the symbols for social media it says in really small blue writing “switch to mobile site”

Well at least I dose for me in safari.

Re:

I looked for that but can't see it in the mobile version of Chrome. However, in the desktop version of Chrome, 'Switch to mobile view' is appearing in just that spot. :?

Edit: just noticed that the 'Switch to . . .' at the bottom appears when you're logged in but it's not there if you're not logged in - nothing to do with the browser.

Re: Re:

justablur":34vgzus7 said:
All sorted. Thank you.
Good luck with the Mobile version, my mobile & tablet very frequently just log out, also rarely lets you post anything without signing back in again & then comes up with an error message!

Graham_hkr":e0ym5g0n said:
justablur":e0ym5g0n said:
All sorted. Thank you.
Good luck with the Mobile version, my mobile & tablet very frequently just log out, also rarely lets you post anything without signing back in again & then comes up with an error message!

What devices are you using? I almost exclusively use iPad and iPhone and apart from an occasional log out it works fine for me.

Android logs me out all the time, various browsers and even on the good old PC's
Just get used to it.

I did have an annoying spate of logging out when I tried to send PM's so I couldn't reply to any for a while (happened a few times now)
Pain in the arse, but autofill makes it easier.

Timoth27":1km3vb65 said:
What devices are you using? I almost exclusively use iPad and iPhone and apart from an occasional log out it works fine for me.
Android on both... sometimes it works & sometimes it doesn't, just annoying when I'm on the road and I've typed a lengthy post that won't send! :evil:

Back