ALPINESTARS CRO MEGA

davealpinestars

Retro Newbie
Hi guys completely new to this whole retro mtb thing. Hope you like my pics of my new alpinestars. Also if anyone could help me identify the sizing for the headset I would like to change. I know it's 1 1/4 but not sure on the cup internal race measurements etc (I don't
have bike disassembled to measure) thanks Dave

Attachments

• IMG_9656.PNG
    IMG_9656.PNG
    501.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_8995.jpg
    IMG_8995.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 198
  • IMG_8994.jpg
    IMG_8994.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_9822.JPG
    IMG_9822.JPG
    588.6 KB · Views: 197
Any 1-1/4 threaded headset will be fine. The only thing to look out is the stack height, for instance, if you go for a headset with cartridge bearings that typically have a greater stack height, you might not have enough steerer for the lock nut to grab on to safely.

Stunning bike by the way.

Re:

1"1/4 aka "Evolution" size.
As far as I know that is the cup size, and as above you might want to consider the stack height of any replacement headset.
If you just need bearings then you could use loose bearings instead of caged ones.

Re:

Thanks for replys guys. I'm looking to upgrade to the Deore xt one as most of my parts are Deore xt. The one I have seen is a hp-m737 just not sure if it's the correct one to fit. Person selling it dosnt think so but I have heard from another source it is correct... so I'm lost. As followed is a pic of the dimensions (think it was on here this pic)

Attachments

• IMG_9830.PNG
    IMG_9830.PNG
    365.2 KB · Views: 153
Re:

Awesome. Thanks, yes sometimes I do have a habit of overthinking. But don't want to waste good money on parts that won't fit. Best about it is the guy selling this one has 3 nos ones and they say 1 1/4 but are measuring 1 1/475 lol.

Back