Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 5:20 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:59 am 
Retro Guru

KeepItSteel wrote:
OK, here's my 88 Rockhopper in slightly better shape than the pic I posted previously. Refitted original bar, found a nice Spesh stem slightly longer than the original which really helps with comfort. Icing on cake was sourcing an original saddle, looks good and feels great. Also stuck on some awesome period correct NOS Hutchinson tyres that have a blue accent which works nice with the decals on the frame.

Was intended as a long term casual/workhorse but have just picked up an early Dawes so the Hopper may have to go :(

My favourite year for Specialized bikes and that's a lovely 88 Rockhopper you've got there it looks to be in great condition. If you do decide to part with it i'd be interested just need the Rockhopper and a Team Stumpy to complete the full set, those two have been very elusive :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:08 am 
BoTM Winner / Gold Trader / Rider

Spanky22b wrote:
KeepItSteel wrote:
OK, here's my 88 Rockhopper in slightly better shape than the pic I posted previously. Refitted original bar, found a nice Spesh stem slightly longer than the original which really helps with comfort. Icing on cake was sourcing an original saddle, looks good and feels great. Also stuck on some awesome period correct NOS Hutchinson tyres that have a blue accent which works nice with the decals on the frame.

Was intended as a long term casual/workhorse but have just picked up an early Dawes so the Hopper may have to go :(

My favourite year for Specialized bikes and that's a lovely 88 Rockhopper you've got there it looks to be in great condition. If you do decide to part with it i'd be interested just need the Rockhopper and a Team Stumpy to complete the full set, those two have been very elusive :)

Pics can be deceiving I guess, the paintwork on it is not great, loads of chips and some rust spots breaking through the incredibly stingy thin paint that Spesh were applying back then. But that's part of the reason I love it! It wears its history so well and is not a bike I need to wrap in cotton wool to preserve. Structurally solid and zero dents to be fair, I've never even cut and polished the paint so I suppose there's plenty of room for improvement.
Would be great to see it go to a collection so if you're still keen then drop me a PM and let's have a chat

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:43 pm 

Here is my Specialized FSR S-WORKS 1994, it travels the tracks of France in Drôme. When I was young he was posted in my room and made me dream

Attachments:
IMG_8179.jpg
IMG_8179.jpg [ 2.97 MiB | Viewed 126 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 7:50 pm 
Retro Guru

Lonely bike!!!!!
Love it !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:14 pm 

Fantastic FSR, bravo Sir

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 11:14 pm 
Old School Hero

1992 Hardrock Sport that found it's way into my garage by virtue of its loud-ass purple & metallic blue paintwork (the photos don't do it justice) :D Original inc grips & tyres.

Attachments:
Hardrok 1.jpg
Hardrok 1.jpg [ 105.82 KiB | Viewed 73 times ]

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:01 pm 
Retro Guru

Nice mate.... very nice indeed... 8)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2020 8:07 pm 
Old School Hero

Graham_hkr wrote:
Nice mate.... very nice indeed... 8)

Cheers Graham.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:22 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Very cheap and fairly well wrecked (paint wise, at least) RockHopper frame, bought months ago from the local charity re-cycle place.... plus the P2's bought at a previous encounter for £10... Equals a great lock down/single speed/parts box marauder! 8) :P

Took it out yesterday for a quick shake down blat, ended up being out for far longer than I intended. Hubs on the wheels are Hope RS Mono - should I worry that these are basically a road hub, as far as I know....?? On 26" decent Mavic rims with custom spokes, so obviously someone thought it was a good idea....!!

Attachments:
SS1.jpg
SS1.jpg [ 161.83 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]
SS2.jpg
SS2.jpg [ 158.57 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]
SS3.jpg
SS3.jpg [ 130.56 KiB | Viewed 43 times ]

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 7:15 pm 
retrobike rider / Gold Trader
retrobike rider / Gold Trader

LikeClockwork wrote:
Very cheap and fairly well wrecked (paint wise, at least) RockHopper frame, bought months ago from the local charity re-cycle place.... plus the P2's bought at a previous encounter for £10... Equals a great lock down/single speed/parts box marauder! 8) :P

Took it out yesterday for a quick shake down blat, ended up being out for far longer than I intended. Hubs on the wheels are Hope RS Mono - should I worry that these are basically a road hub, as far as I know....?? On 26" decent Mavic rims with custom spokes, so obviously someone thought it was a good idea....!!

I was out in Combe today, small world! Where’d you live?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next