BB help

legrandefromage":2q2av60g said:
Does it scrape? No. Ride bicycle

Does it clank? No. Ride bicycle

Does the chain stay on? Yes. Ride bicycle

The last one is an important one, if the chain line is all to sh*t then much shifting hilarity can ensue.
The axle on that Phil Wood BB is obviously way too short for the chainset the OP wants to fit.

Source tool and remove Bottom bracket.

Identify correct axle length for desired chainset. (other Kooka crank owners should know).

Fit both items, and Ride :D

Re:

....although hang on just a second. Possibly not ‘way too short’ if the bb has been inserted improperly - the way the cups work on a woods means that it may be set too far over to the non-drive side. Have you got a photo of the clearances on the non-drive side? After all it’s only the high ring which is fouling the chainstay - the small and middle look to have reasonable clearance. Yes, chainline is extremely important and can be measured with a simple rule or just eyeballing down the chain to check the middlechainring - cassette alignment.

Let it go Mr. Oranges, let it go like a gentle post sunday lunch fart... a sort of polite 'prrrrpppp' sound rather than a post pub/ kebab voluminous seam stretcher that does nobody any favours.

<whispers uncomfortably close to your ear: ''its too short''>

Re:

...but I have extreme bottom-bracket OCD....I can't let anything go....isn't there a song about that? Let it go.....

Re: BB tool has finally arrived!

So I received the Phil Woods BB tool earlier today, the website said new but from the state of this thing it’s defiantly been used by the previous guy who bought and sent back claiming it was no longer needed! It’s still got mud on it lol!

Either way jumped up the attic (where all pending projects reside :p)

Fits like a glove! ... well a bottom bracket tool...

Attachments

• 7CE9EF01-1258-44C1-8D78-DE0D68AD0984.jpeg
    7CE9EF01-1258-44C1-8D78-DE0D68AD0984.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 4DECBDF0-9B9E-41D7-B1F5-B500A67B56D9.jpeg
    4DECBDF0-9B9E-41D7-B1F5-B500A67B56D9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 174
That is pretty amazing! From previous messages looks like it can be adjusted to make it work and I guess while I’ve got it I might as well use it, once I get my frame up and running i think I’ll try and shift the axle using the cups, the one cup didn’t come loose when removing tho any idea if that’s a problem?

Back