Build threads, the how, when & why / why not?

Re: Re:

boy"O"boy":tg60oy0z said:
I like the 'pulling up a chair' comment - I've got chairs set up everywhere. I can sit in a different chair most days and read through a decent build thread!

Cheers.
boy"O"boy

Ditto... many a brew time has gone on long after the tea is finished!

Tricky1977":16sq7l0c said:
I’m glad it’s not just me who does it just for the sake of tinkering. I hardly ride :D
My justification is that bikes are easier than cars to play with and more rewarding than Lego/Radio control cars, which I will also never use.

I mean, I do ride them a little, but it’s probably 10% of the time versus the tinkering, fitting new bits, or stripping and cleaning.

Back to topic, my build threads are terrible because I rarely finish and never have a set idea what I’m doing.

Same here! Although I am trying to get out on them more. Being a newbie the advice I got on my build thread has been a great help, and looking at other builds is inspiring and depressing in equal measures.

Re:

In my own mind I think I am obsessed with builds/specs etc until you see the attention to details in each BOTM....then you know there are a whole lot of levels above and beyond :roll:

Re: Re:

M-Power":c6tdkfqc said:
In my own mind I think I am obsessed with builds/specs etc until you see the attention to details in each BOTM....then you know there are a whole lot of levels above and beyond :roll:
Agree with that, it almost makes me not want to enter :/
Did you see that hand made Easton this month where the guy had bonded in carbon tubes. Looked amazing. Disk drive too, unicorn territory :)

Back