Northern retro MTB show meet June 2020 - update Page5

Re: Re:

al":2ag10doo said:
On another subject, I've just noticed I've been on the forum 12 years to the day.

Help me celebrate by sending cake.

Thank you.

al.
I went to the pet shop to ask if the had any parrot cages without Nickel in the bars as mine is allergic...….

BoyBurning":cnn6bhk3 said:
Sounds great Lee, and I'd be up for it certainly.

Just to clarify on one comment that riled me though - ICONOCLASSIC was never about pristine unobtainable bikes.

If you had attended you'd have noticed that was far from the case.

Of course there were Kleins and Yetis and the like, but the majority of bikes were mainstream models of the era.

I've not idea where the 'elitist' badge for the show came from, it certainly wasn't from me, and those who came to the shows I'm sure would not have felt it.

In fact, I went to lengths to ensure that wasn't the case.

When you put on a show, you can't dictate what people bring - if those that arrive have a Yeti and a Klein so be it.

There has never, ever been a requirement that bikes on show be 'boutique' show bikes or 'high end' - only requirement was that they were clean.

For a 'Show and Shine' I don't feel that's an unreasonable request is it? Obviously some do, but of course you can't please all.

Lee - see you in 2020.

Can I bring my Raleigh Mustang or should I stick to the Klein?

That'll be me, sorry please don't take offence. The original icono had a thumbs up from me and all the organising, it's great for any kind of celebration of our hobby to get some air.
I'm going by what I see, you see. The pics speak for themselves. Some events take on a momentum of its own regardless of the brief/pre requisite. It's as though iconic was misread as 'bring your best/rarest' rather than the anything up 1995 that is presentable.
To me, iconic means recognisable and connectable. When I were a lad, and all that.
Back in the day, ( that's why most of us are on here) a lot of brands I see on here I had only heard of since joining the site.

That's a long winded to say sorry fella. Let's have a peaceful 2020.

It's just my own miserable opinion. Peace.

Re:

Good we're all happy and getting along again :D

So I have added to my first post a list of people, quantity of bikes, and how many days folks can attend, if you can add to the thread any of this information I would be grateful.

Its early days I know but This'll give me something to go to the rally commitee with.

RBG

Re:

I currently have 8 pre ‘97 mtbs and could do both days.
I’d have to think of the logistics of bringing that many though, I could bring 4 easily I would think.

Re: Possible Northern show & shine meet ..... 2020

I will be there Sat/Sun for definate, maybe Fri but dont know for sure this early.

I am going to volunteer for traffic duties or the like at the show, so was wondering about the bikes, will they be safe left while im out and about? im sure there will be someone about but didnt know wether to bring dogs/electric-fence type things :D

Mark

4 bikes, at least Sunday but maybe both days depending on family commitments

Re:

Put me down for 3 bikes, maybe four.

I could only do one day realistically, and probs won't be staying overnight but tbc nearer the time.

I'm going to make sure they're the most exclusive, unobtainable bikes I can muster. ;)

BoyBurning":desbncv2 said:
Put me down for 3 bikes, maybe four.

I'm going to make sure they're the most exclusive, unobtainable bikes I can muster. ;)

was thinking I might throw down the mustang challenge on you ...... got an orange and purple one somewhere too

IMG-20190717-161055.jpg

I may have two or three bikes to bring but depends how much time I get to get them ready & will attend Sunday & possibly Saturday.
But all TBC when dates are available.
I'm only an hour away so won't be staying over.
Cheers
G

Back