Pedals

Seca Blue

Retro Guru
I know this isn't cricket from an originality perspective but I need some new pedals and am considering some flats like the V12's to put on the Roberts.
I've ruled out going clipless so it's either a replacement pair of period cages, clips/straps, or some flats.

Anyone gone down this route?

Re:

Yes, I've been running a pair of the latest V12s in polished silver since last christmas and they're bloodly brilliant. Previously, I had V8s on for six years. Before that, some old DX cage ones, which are in need of repair and refurb. I still have Onza HO pedals but not in a fit state and I lost the Nike boots to go with them. Myself, I wouldn't go back to clips or anything. I haven't found anything that beats the new V12s – simple and effective tried and trusted design.

I guess I have the old V12s. I broke the cages on the mnt lux pedals on my bike and
saw the V12s for sale. I don't have to flip the pedal to be on the right side, they really
cling to my boots, I am happy with them.

Re: Re:

groovyblueshed":3qi6553k said:
Yes, I've been running a pair of the latest V12s in polished silver since last christmas and they're bloodly brilliant. Previously, I had V8s on for six years. Before that, some old DX cage ones, which are in need of repair and refurb. I still have Onza HO pedals but not in a fit state and I lost the Nike boots to go with them. Myself, I wouldn't go back to clips or anything. I haven't found anything that beats the new V12s – simple and effective tried and trusted design.

OK great, thanks. I can see the V12's in silver and they look pretty spiffing.

I've got a pair of Shimano shoes - basically these though - http://www.wiggle.co.uk/shimano-m089-sp ... -wide-fit/

They're only a year or so old so don't want to change them, but don't the flat pedals need soft soled shoes like Five Tens etc.

Latest posts

Back