Devinci Chameleon or Orange P7 Opinions please!?

rcookscowen

Retro Guru
So...

I picked up the Orange P7 below today.... but apparently wifey insists I need to make some space...so

Do I let it go, or do I let the old Devinci Ive got go?

The Devinci is a Ford team edition Chameleon from 1998/99, built in Canada. Its pretty much XTR throughout, with XT wheels and shifters.

The P7 is Xt/LX, with 'Sun Race M50!?' shifters.

The Devinci is higher spec, but theres just something I love about the old P7's, especially in this colour...Im so tempted to keep and improve this...

Not sure what Id value the Devinci at - but Id guess between 2-300

So..cast your votes please!!

Attachments

• 20150427_194511.jpg
    20150427_194511.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 593
  • 20150427_194517.jpg
    20150427_194517.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 593
  • 20150427_194730.jpg
    20150427_194730.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 593
Both are lovely bikes!

I can understand the situation though. If you want an all round practical bike (If you don't have one already) I'd go with the Devinci. The P7 is very nice though...

Go for which one you prefer and like to ride the most :)...

AARGHH!! thats no help!!!

What you where meant to say is X is a piece of Pap... flog it and keep Y!!

he he :)

I may have to work on the wife (not like that, weve been married far too long :( )...

mind you, that P7 saddle is ridiculous!!

Re:

Keep the bikes, move the missus out? May be that's a bad idea. I'd say keep the Orange with its iconic Stif sticker and tidy it up a little bit.

yeh thats my thinking now... the devinci doesnt seem a particularly desirable bike, so i think ill let that go..good a ride as it is..and invest a bit of summer lovin into the P7... needs stickers replacing for a start one completely missing! anyone know where you can get the fluo ones?

one question is - the forks are a bit spongy..take a fraction to rebound... is it easier and cheaper to just replace them given their age? or is it an easy ish job to sort?...

Re:

Gil Montague is one person here on RB who can reproduce nice quality stickers/decals to your specifications. I've used him and many others on RB have too. There are other companies but Gil comes with very good recommendations. His email is gil@thecycleshed.co.uk and his website is http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk. He can do fluro too.

Back