£15 Saracen...

WWC

Senior Retro Guru

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 681
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Ha!

It was on for the outrageous BIN of £25 so I thought let's try £15...

It's where I live so easy to collect.

Bargain! Some reasonable skinwall tyres there.

The rear mech & chainset (replacable rings?) could well be LX, or a variation ie Deore LX/ 500LX/300LX etc
Brake levers look plastic though, so either not original, or it points to something lower like 200GS or similar, at least for the rear mech, and maybe levers?

I take it you've not picked it up yet?

Stone the crows, that's a bargain. I have the same bike, bought the frame/forks for way way more than you paid for the full bike. I'd say one of the tyres is worth around the bin. Lucky you. Nice ride too it is. I kitted mine out with xt, mudguards, racks and a kids seat and think I've ridden it twice, though it was nice each time.

Sarah en tufftrax elite I reckon.

Re:

It's not a Tufftrax Elite. That has a steel frame.

I think it's either a 1990 Trekker or a 1991 Trekker Hydrotech that's been repainted.
Definitely an aluminium frame, looks like a 1.1/4 inch headset, and the LX components would be consistent with either bike although the 1990 would've had a black LX chainset.

I think the latter bike is more likely and the original Magura Hydrostops were removed when it was repainted.

The decal is newer. It looks to match in with those used on 1994/95 bikes. Could well be a repro.

The other possibility is that it could be one of Saracen's 'Limited' or Special Edition' offerings, which used older frames, repainted and specced with surplus components.

Whatever it is, £15 seems like a very good deal.

My 91 Trekker Hydrotech for reference: --> viewtopic.php?f=6&t=276911

Latest posts

Back