Look what I just found! Mountain Klein -80s?

amedias

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
This just came into the recycle project, looks to be almost original although mix of suntour and shimano

Not sure on date but I'm guessing late 80s?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 1,458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 1,458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 1,458
Re:

Not often you see one of those, thats for sure, I like it :)

looks pretty small though?

Re:

Beautiful! :cool:

What happens to it now? I ask because I've got an eye out for a small eighties bike for my dad's birthday - seems that he got the bug back at Icon-o-Classic! :D

Cheers!

Re:

Now it will get booked in and checked over, any parts that need refurbishing or fixing will be sorted by our volunteers and then it will probably end up for sale if it doesn't end up in our rolling museum!

Not sure what it would be worth so will do some research, but all funds go back into the charity to support our various cycling projects locally, but we have a few beauties that are kept as rolling museum and educational bikes as well and an early Klein might be ideal for this!

Re:

I'd just give it a clean and get it up on e-bay as is to be honest - it will certainly go well

I'd hate to think that some well meaning volunteers "upgrade" some of the parts on this and dump off the original bits 'cause they look a bit grotty.

Or get in the mix with the pressed in BB

Re:

Don't worry no chance of that happening and anything that needs replacing would be done with period parts, the special ones like this only get worked on by me or the other experienced mechanic that knows what it is!

Re: Re:

amedias":1d6iev6g said:
Now it will get booked in and checked over, any parts that need refurbishing or fixing will be sorted by our volunteers and then it will probably end up for sale if it doesn't end up in our rolling museum!

Not sure what it would be worth so will do some research, but all funds go back into the charity to support our various cycling projects locally, but we have a few beauties that are kept as rolling museum and educational bikes as well and an early Klein might be ideal for this!

Would totally understand if you wanted to keep it for posterity, but I'd be very happy to take it as is *if* I can afford it - have to admit I'm utterly clueless on it's value.

So that's a lot of 'ifs', and apologies if I'm coming across hawkish, but eighties bikes that small don't crop up all that often and I can really see my old fella on it - he's a massive Klein fan! :cool:

Anybody want to scare me off with an estimate of it's value? :LOL:

Back