Y2K Specialized Stumpjumper M2 Gulf blue - chicks dig (battle) scars edition ;)

Thanks, If I remove the unecessary bits and add a carbon bar a sub 20lb 18 inch framed bike is possible, or I could just eat less. :)

Good luck with the build, looking forward to seeing it finished.

Battle-scarred bargains ftw 👍 Picked up these SX Carbons listed as spares or repair.
Cosmetically they are very rough and they do have some stanchion wear (so much for the grease ports) 😬 but they appear structurally sound, they compress and rebound without issue and the internals look to be in good condition 🤞

IMG_4366.jpeg

IMG_4367.jpeg

I'm guessing I'll need to seal the raw carbon before breaking out the retouch paint . . . but that's a project for another day 🖌️

IMG_4427.jpeg
IMG_4428.jpeg

Carbon arch is easily the best bit - just a few nicks. The mag lowers have fared less well with lots of paint bubbling and corrosion and the decals are shot.

I should probably completely strip and respray with new stickers but that would be too easy . . . let's go 🖌️

Not sure if this is a labour of love or foolishness but we're getting there 🖌️ Nail polish stanchion repair looks tidy but I'll probably leave the boots off to keep an eye on it (although rebuild is a long way off yet).

IMG_4471.jpeg

IMG_4453.jpeg

Made a start on the decal retouch too 🔍 while waiting for the primer to properly dry.

IMG_4467.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4467.jpeg
    IMG_4467.jpeg
    706.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Back