Wanted XTR M901 headset 1 1/8 (edit title)

It's not a fight, it's normal business etiquette.
But if you can't be arsed, I hear you.
Let's hope someone can help.

It’s not worth the fight tbh :(
It probably is, as pretty much the only way to get the crown race is to buy the whole headset. Which at he moment are a lot of money.

If its just the seat seal edges then you can still use it fine, it's quite fragile there.
But actually snapping through the race is some serious man handling.

Strange. You haven't got a pic of the cracked race have you?

They could have cut it to fit it or used a split one instead. Without seeing it though that's just a guess, and like above, it would take some effort to crack one, possibly damaging the race surface as well.

I would definitely be talking to the shop about it though.

Strange. You haven't got a pic of the cracked race have you?

They could have cut it to fit it or used a split one instead. Without seeing it though that's just a guess, and like above, it would take some effort to crack one, possibly damaging the race surface as well.

I would definitely be talking to the shop about it though.
Why would you cut a ball bearing race :eek:

Trying to fit a 26.4mm race on a 27.0mm fork?
I really can't think of another reason it'd crack/split.
Split races only work with cartridge bearings or if there's a separate steel race for loose bearings to ride on. :)

This is how it’s cracked it’s tight tight tight on the fork… certainly not going anywhere, I’ve installed onto the bike… the damage is done now so no point dwelling on it in my opinion just see how it goes it still feels smooth but worst case scenario I hunt for another headset :? IMG_8030.jpeg

Back