Swallow ptarmigan 88 colours

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Does anybody know the standard colours that the swallow ptarmigan was offered in about this time..?

I've just found a frame and forks, its black, I cant see any paint under the paint, but I also cant find reference to a black model. It does have the original stickers, but I know swallow handed them out at one time to customers.

Just trying to find out if it's a respray or not, so i can rebuild it.

Cheers

Photo for all you people into wierd and heavy British bikes to follow ( got to love a drum brake and front u !)

Re:

Contact Rob at Bicycles by Design - he was heavily involved and was a great help when I was looking into my Swallow.

Yes. Done that since I posted this. Very helpful.

As an update, it's not a " production" ( i use that term very loosely, as their stuff can hardly be called that in any form) frame. It's a one off frame for a customer, who that was, they cant tell me as they lost all their records when they moved from Essex 20+ years ago.

They gave confirmed the date, that it was built by them ( along with forks and stem) and that some other bits I got with it are original.

They have been great.

I'm proposing to start a build thread, when I've got a hit more info to start the project.

Cheers

Back