Can anyone help ID this Orange

mo0kster

Retro Newbie
Hi all. I found this for sale at a good price but I can't ID it. I lusted after Orange bikes when I coudn't afford one back in the early 90's when front suspension was new!
This one looks like an early Clockwork but doesn't have anything written on the top tube, and where the seat stays join the seat tube they are lower than the top tube which I haven't seen in any other photos, although that could just be the frame size.
Cheers in advance.

Attachments

• ornage.png
    ornage.png
    389.8 KB · Views: 178
I’ve got one the same, it’s a 1989 clockwork. I also have the same decal design, it’s uncanny how a like they are.

Cheshire1980":3h2nvf1k said:
I’ve got one the same, it’s a 1989 clockwork. I also have the same decal design, it’s uncanny how a like they are.
Thanks for that. What's also uncanny is that I was just looking through your bike collection to see if you had something similar but you posted this before I could look at them all!
Any idea what I should be looking to pay?

What’s he or she asking for it. I paid £100 for my frame and forks. So I would offer £150-200. But obviously prices have been higher recently. Nice bike that, I wouldn’t sell mine :)

Seen the advert and what he or she is asking, definitely buy it for that, well worth it in my opinion. Good luck

Re:

It's also uncanny as to how they managed to put the decals on wonky.

Possibly not original decals - but I have seen them with wonky original decals.

Anyhow, it's a nice Orange.

Re: Re:

2manyoranges":26o7ekdb said:
It's also uncanny as to how they managed to put the decals on wonky.

Possibly not original decals - but I have seen them with wonky original decals.

Anyhow, it's a nice Orange.

Pretty sure they are original decals, and it even has the orange selected tubes decal on the seat tube :cool:

I say go for, very good price, especially at the moment when so many bikes have inflated prices, and as 2ManyOranges says, it a nice bike. :D

Back