Alves tourer for taller gent.

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Biggie probably need to be 6' 7" +

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I love this bike!
Too bad it's too cumbersome (and too tall) to ship, or else... I would have tried to buy it.

I tried to bid on it, but eBay did not let me do so because I live in France.
The bike did not sell.
I asked the seller to sell it directly to me, but he didn't agree.
The seller relisted it, and someone bid on it.
I asked the seller to modify the ad so I could bid, but he didn't agree.
I totally understand, as it would be easier to sell to a local.
Too bad, I would have loved to pick it up by train and come back home by bike and ferry.
That would have been quite an adventure.

This one was built by Charlie Ralph of Alves Cycles, from his workshop base near Elgin. Alves bikes were made to individual (and some very special) specifications and tend to be light, but robust to suit local conditions in the Highlands and Spey valley, so by their very nature are built to take a real hammering. Known to have been the steel frame of choice by some Scottish Commonwealth Games riders in the past. I’ve been told that Charlie originally made frames for Pat Rohan Cycles in Rayners Lane in West London. Last known he stopped building bikes and moved to live in Angola in Africa circa 2018.

Back