Withdrawn 26" or 27.5" forks

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi all. I'm hoping someone can help me source a set of forks to get one of my old bikes up and running. It's one of my Marins (what else would it be? :LOL: ), it's tatty as hell, it's had numerous outfits and I swear it's cursed but it holds a lot of memories so now I have the chance to get it back in action I can't miss the opportunity.

I have pretty much everything except forks so that's what I'm looking for. For 26" or 27.5" wheels and 120-140mm travel (it would have originally been 140mm but I used to run it on 120mm). Preferably black but will take what I can get as only have a budget of £40.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Straight or tapered steerer? Boost or non? Qr or bolt through?

If I can help out I'll try.

If lgf doesn't mind, what steerer and axle are the Chinese forks? Might have just picked up a project build, a bike for a friend's son. Not started thinking about the spec yet, need to get him over to try a few bikes for size, then I'll start working out what I have a d what I need to pull something together. I actually built his dad's bike which is still going strong.

I can send you some Chinese carbon fibre disc only rigid forks?

Postage costs only as they scare me
Cheers LGF but suspension forks will be needed. I rode on a mountain bike trail yesterday (for the first time since 2019) on a full suspension and my body hates me today. I think if I tried it on rigid forks my mind and body would be signing divorce papers.

Hi Ishaw. Just straight steerer (if I remember right I needed about 205 -210mm steerer but will double check that tomorrow) and 9mm qr. It was one of my 24hr race bikes so had a nice spec once upon a time (well nice hand me down parts anyway 😂) but for now I just want to be able to ride it on the trails so will be happy with whatever I can get.

Hi Ishaw. Just straight steerer (if I remember right I needed about 205 -210mm steerer but will double check that tomorrow) and 9mm qr. It was one of my 24hr race bikes so had a nice spec once upon a time (well nice hand me down parts anyway 😂) but for now I just want to be able to ride it on the trails so will be happy with whatever I can get.
Let me know the steerer length you need. I'll see what I have. I might have some fox but I'd need to check travel. They are vanillas, and have v and disc mount iirc. They work, but aren't the tidiest. I may have other options.

That actually might work for the dads bike as it has some really bad, boat anchor heavy bargain basement front suspension. If they work, and the steerer is long enough. What wheel size will the suit?
As long as its 9mm qr, disc only, they'll suit any wheelsize

Sounds like they might work on the potential bike for the son of my mate, dad's is v brake.

Back