Sold 26" Mavic 117 CD SUP Wheelset, Hope Ti Glide Hubs & Michelin WildGripper x Sport Tyres (NOS), 8 Speed Cassette.

PeterPerfect

Senior Retro Guru
As above, in excellent condition.

Rims are 32h DB Sapim spokes.

The rear rim although identical is newer than the front and has a slightly darker shading to it.

I've not attempted to clean the braking surface at all as we all have our own way of doing things and, tbh, I've never attempted to clean a ceramic braking surface before. There's no damage to either rim or hub.

8 Speed Cassette is included and will clean up nicely. There is sufficient clearance for 9 speed.

Hope Ti Glide hubs front and rear. The bearings seem fine to me.

The rear tyre is a NOS Michelin WildGripper 26 x 2.1( I still have the plastic sleeve it came in), the front is the same but has had some wear.

New Presta valve inner tubes.

The skewers are just a gash pair of nothing to get excited about.

Cash on collection only from the GL2 area of Gloucestershire.

I was able to find a NOS pair of these 32h rims listed online in France for the UK equivalent of £140 for the pair plus £40 P & P.

£150 for what you see in the pics.

PM please.

No offers.

Attachments

• MH9.jpg
    MH9.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
  • MH3.jpg
    MH3.jpg
  • MH4.jpg
    MH4.jpg
    893.3 KB · Views: 44
  • MH5.jpg
    MH5.jpg
  • MH6.jpg
    MH6.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 38
  • MH7.jpg
    MH7.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 36
  • MH8.jpg
    MH8.jpg
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
The photos as they're high res make the rims look grubby which tbh, they are a bit but nowhere as bad as they appear in the pics.

Last edited:
I agree about not cleaning rims / way of doing things idea - have numerous ceramic rims in need of cleaning from BITD … apparently a way of cleaning / revive the surface was to use a special rubber block (like a pencil eraser but coarser) availible from railway model shops intended for cleaning model rail track.

I agree about not cleaning rims / way of doing things idea - have numerous ceramic rims in need of cleaning from BITD … apparently a way of cleaning / revive the surface was to use a special rubber block (like a pencil eraser but coarser) availible from railway model shops intended for cleaning model rail track.
That sounds exactly like the original and correct Mavic ceramic rim cleaning tool!
It was slightly gritty iirc though.

That sounds exactly like the original and correct Mavic ceramic rim cleaning tool!
It was slightly gritty iirc though.
Cool, I forgot about the original Mavic product - am running a Mavic Ceramic 117 on my bontrager , there is also a very tenuous connection between mountain biking and Peco rmodel railway co. - but that woukd de-rail this thread too much. GLWS OP nice kit.

These are the same thing as the Mavic one (that they do still sell) but a third of the price. Work a treat, on both ceramic and bare aluminium rims.
May be useful to whoever buys these lovely wheels, GLWS. :)

Last edited:
Back