Winter project - Claud Butler Criterium Circa 1985

The project is going well and I'm currently looing for a company that will make me new decals/stickers. Can anyone advise on a good company and how to work out what fonts are on the bike. Does this information exist? I have taken photos of the decals.

Attachments

• Claud Butler Large Letters Frame.jpg
    Claud Butler Large Letters Frame.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Claud Butler Signature.jpg
    Claud Butler Signature.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 3
The project is going well and I'm currently looing for a company that will make me new decals/stickers. Can anyone advise on a good company and how to work out what fonts are on the bike. Does this information exist? I have taken photos of the decals.
Hi, I make up my own bespoke artwork for my own Clauds and I’ve had them made up by @gil_m from RetroDecals for MTB. For vintage road I normal get Steve at HLloyd cycles to make them up.
Ok so the problems;
This frame and graphics aren’t really old enough for them to be worth HLloyds adding them to their catalogue and Retrodecals won’t add them to their MTB catalogue obviously. So although both of these guys may well produce them, you’re likely to have to a premium.
The actual cost of having the artwork created would likely buy you two of these frames in real good condition.
Personally I’d pick something close from HLloyds catalogue.

Hi,

Thanks for all the help. I've been quoted £60 from another company for new decals which includes the time for designing them so have decided not to proceed. I've therefore completed as far as I'm going to go with it for now. As you say it just was not worth the time and money at this juncture for the frame to be sprayed and new decals. However as you can see from the picture I've de-rusted the bare metal including bolts, done what I could with the rust on the frame (it's patina!), new bare tape, new chain, new white wall tyres, new brake cables with black sheaths, freed the seatpost, trued the wheels, cleaned the hoods and toe clips.

It all works great and have done a short road test on it, which felt good apart from the terror of being clipped in while trying to use the frame gear changers! Not quite the winter project I was expecting.

Attachments

• Claud Crit 1997 after work.jpg
    Claud Crit 1997 after work.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
Back