Weekend Baiku

Pickle

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Friday – Man flu....cancel ride with Mike….no bike riding....feel sorry for self :(

Saturday – Feel a bit brighter….organise gentle Sunday ride with Mike….spend whole afternoon fettling in my shed :cool: ….no riding though

Sunday – Still signs of Man Flu so plan to take it easy….Mike arrives and we hit the trails….gentle spin on the footpath feels good….warm and sunny weather helps the mood….first climb feels like a mountain into the head wind….zap through the woods and down to the ford….Mike splashes through but I carry the bike over….damn it, I’m staying dry today….along the farm path and a cheery ‘hello lads’ from some walkers, makes a change….we reach the halfway point and the head wind becomes assistance to us now….blast down the hill, fantastic….meet some trials/freeride boys in the woods….style in up on the jumps with them….sweet….race Mike up the last climb….that’s me done for the day…Mike peels of home and I spin for another few miles home….yeah, today was good….home for lunch....best ride of my life ;)

Attachments

• DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 344
Saturday Baiku.

Roadtrip. Walkie talkies. Lost convoy. Found convoy. Lost ourselves. Found ourselves. World’s fastest VW Polo. Evo racing. 140mph popped HT lead. Late arrival. Later dinner. Later still bedtime. Earier than planned rise. Later than planned arrival. Much faffness. Wet and miserable outlook. Amazing trails. Stunning. Absolutely the best mountain biking I have encountered, Gets better every time too. Great people. Good stories. Long and arduous climbs. Fast and fluid descents. Warm shower and a closed café. Goodbyes. Burger King and another road trip home. The journey was the destination. And the destination was perfect. Best ride of my life.

Back