!!VOTE - PotM - March 2014 - Spring has Sprung - VOTE!!

Which spring got sprung?

• Barney Ballbags

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • gm1230126

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • losvizzero

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • mat24777

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Nader

• raidan73

• redfern1950s

• RockiMtn

• Spudly

• stefan9113

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • TheHistoryMan

• TheProsCloset

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • the_Duke

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • wtb_rider

• WWC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re:

Ummmm really? Out of focus modern bike wins PotM comp..... hmmmm.

Take stefan9113's photo for example... I figured that one would have run away with it. That was well thought out and really creative.

Barney Ballbags... that is screen saver material. Nice work.

No offense to the_duke.... but I am not sure on this one? Am I missing something? Is it a UK thing that just went over my head? A bike with a fork that was built in the last 5 years automatically discredits it from any "retro" classification. PotM comp is losing it's appeal IMO.

My 2 cents for whatever that is worth.

Re:

Barney's is good even though it falls into the Picture of a bike at least its been altered into something arty which takes the picture away from a picture of a bike.
PotM is not about the bike, it's about the whole picture.

Raidens is a subtle but nice picture. Subtle use of two retro seatpost ,I like like it.
Quite a lot are unfortunatly about the bike.

The winning one isn't and I guess that's just what who ever voted happened to tickle there spring fancy, I doubt double votes helped out. But voting is low.

Still it a bit of fun, you win nothing and gives me a reason to take a few picture or think about it at least ;-)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":38554w3j said:
Barney's is good even though it falls into the Picture of a bike at least its been altered into something arty which takes the picture away from a picture of a bike.
PotM is not about the bike, it's about the whole picture.

Raidens is a subtle but nice picture. Subtle use of two retro seatpost ,I like like it.
Quite a lot are unfortunatly about the bike.

The winning one isn't and I guess that's just what who ever voted happened to tickle there spring fancy, I doubt double votes helped out. But voting is low.

Still it a bit of fun, you win nothing and gives me a reason to take a few picture or think about it at least ;-)

Thanks FC, obviously a little too subtle :LOL: Oh and you missed the Syncros post lurking in the background ;)

Congrats to the Duke :)

Re:

I also liked the seat post one as it was a bit different to the others :D

Discounting mine based on the forks (for the record the CK Wheels and Isis Turbines are also post 97) is a bit strong but each to their own, it was a lovely day and a lovely ride.

I thought having the point of focus ahead of the bike emphasised the spring blossom a bit more and I tried to compose the image with the sunny trail ahead disappearing into the distance. This was to represent the day a bit more.

Thanks again for the votes :cool:

Re: Re:

the_duke":2f389ivd said:
I also liked the seat post one as it was a bit different to the others :D

Discounting mine based on the forks (for the record the CK Wheels and Isis Turbines are also post 97) is a bit strong but each to their own, it was a lovely day and a lovely ride.

I thought having the point of focus ahead of the bike emphasised the spring blossom a bit more and I tried to compose the image with the sunny trail ahead disappearing into the distance. This was to represent the day a bit more.

Thanks again for the votes :cool:

Well, 29% of the voting population agreed :D

Re:

Perhaps my photo should have just been this instead, so it's not all about the bike ;)

Attachments

• ZaskarButePark2.jpg
    ZaskarButePark2.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 351
Congrats to the_duke, well done.

Not really sure what to say. Yes I did make a mistake with raidan's photo and if that messed up the voting then i apologise.

As THM says, on to the next one...

Back