For Sale Vintage Currys Elizabethan bicycle

philp

Retro Newbie
For sale my beautiful Currys Elizabethan bike built to commemorate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.

You may not know that Currys started in business selling bikes.
In 1884 Henry Curry founded the Curry Cycle Co. By the 1940s they were selling a wide range of goods until
they became well known for electrical appliances in the later years. They stopped making cycles in around
1932 but still sold bikes manufactured by Hercules and later Raleigh but badged as Currys.

This is a quite a rare thing – especially in this condition.
It is an absolutely gorgeous bike. Much nicer looking than your normal dark green Raleigh but built to the
same standard. It is 100% original.

It has all the features that made the Raleigh Superbe so popular at the time like
the 3 speed Sturmey Archer gears with a dynamo built into the hub and a fully enclosed chaincase (all parts present
and correct).

The bike has been fully dismantled and carefully rebuilt with everything serviced thoroughly and correctly.
There is absolutely no work to be done – it needs nothing except to be ridden and enjoyed.

This bike is in really, really nice condition – the paint is all original, but with a patina that only a long period of time
can bestow. It has some marks commensurate with its age but this only adds to the charm.
It has the original Lycett saddle.
The wheels are the original matching pair in perfect condition, shod with new, top quality Michelin World Tour
tyres.
The Sturmey Archer lighting set is fully working.
The bike rides and stops beautifully with a nice, precise gear change – no crunching and no horrible noises.
The frame number is 90938CB
Raleigh built bikes of this period were the Rolls Royce of bikes and built to last a lifetime.

Looking for £399 - Located in East Sussex BN8 4HJ

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0417.JPG
    IMG_0417.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    165.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    461.6 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0422.JPG
    364.1 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    288.4 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    374.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_0425.JPG
    IMG_0425.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0423.JPG
    296.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    542.4 KB · Views: 102
Is this still for sale and would you consider posting? Looking for a bike made in 1953 my birthyear to celebrate my 70th Thanks for reading Colin

Is this still for sale and would you consider posting? Looking for a bike made in 1953 my birthyear to celebrate my 70th Thanks for reading Colin
Hi Colin, the bike was not actually made in 1953 so that is probably a deal breaker for you if you are looking for that particular year. Although celebrating the coronation the bike was made into the early 60's and mine is I think 62. If you would like me to I can check for you tomorrow. All I can say is that it's a beautiful bike and you probably won't see another one - certainly not in the same condition. I can arrange transport for you if you would like me to. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Phil

Just a quick post to avoid any confusion here. I did not buy this bike from Phil only because too small but I did buy a Raleigh Superbe from him which arrived today.First class bike and first class seller. If I get the vintage bug will certainly contact Phil first Buy with confidence Coli9n

Yes - this lovely Elizabethan is still for sale.Will consider any half decent offer as I really need the room for other projects.

Back