ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
I’ve a set of Mavic Crossmax with blade spokes which are UST only
How would I put the tyres on this? Are they like tubeless for a road bike where I have to apply the glue?
I’ve no idea about these.
Thanks

Mavic ust is a different tubeless design to others.

This means setting them up tubeless with a non-mavic tyre can be a pita.

But then again many tubeless setups are anyway.

Mavic ust also has a larger outside diameter/less well depth or both.

We've often fitted tubes - it can be pretty difficult. You wouldn't want to try that by the side of the road🤣.

Mavic ust is a different tubeless design to others.

This means setting them up tubeless with a non-mavic tyre can be a pita.

But then again many tubeless setups are anyway.

Mavic ust also has a larger outside diameter/less well depth or both.

We've often fitted tubes - it can be pretty difficult. You wouldn't want to try that by the side of the road🤣.
Heck!
I hate fitting tubeless
These originally had a set of GEAX Mezcal
So I guess my options are either to try it myself or buy a pair and take to LBS to do. If they can!
But my options are any tubeless or the easier to fit Mavic?
I didn’t know mavic made / make tyres !

Probably best to just get on with what you want to do, and if it's too difficult, pay a shop to do it - their greater experience and tooling should make it possible.
We usually find that tyres get looser once fitted once.

Probably best to just get on with what you want to do, and if it's too difficult, pay a shop to do it - their greater experience and tooling should make it possible.
We usually find that tyres get looser once fitted once.
Thanks
Just called the LBS and they said they charge £35 per wheel!!!!! Why? Because they’re not too used to doing it and may struggle !
Onto the next LBS or I might just do it myself

🤣we charge 25, others charge more - in case it ends up taking an hour including washing down the fitter.

Sadly tubeless is rarely a5 minute job, especially if you consider that shops get all the jobs where the owner has tried and failed😁

I have 4 sets of Mavic UST wheels, a few different versions of Crossmax, a Crossride, and a DeeMax, and I run them all with a standard tube/tire combo. The only pain is mounting tires - buy a lever specifically designed for mounting tubeless and it'll be fine.
thanks.
a question about normal tubeless tyres such as these:Vittoria Barzo
on the Mavic rim - is it a matter of getting them on then using the syringe to pass sealant into it?
as on this video?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thanks.
a question about normal tubeless tyres such as these:Vittoria Barzo
on the Mavic rim - is it a matter of getting them on then using the syringe to pass sealant into it?
as on this video?

I have 4 sets of Mavic UST wheels, a few different versions of Crossmax, a Crossride, and a DeeMax, and I run them all with a standard tube/tire combo. The only pain is mounting tires - buy a lever specifically designed for mounting tubeless and it'll be fine.
I think I might just get some tubes and tyres - too much of a pain choosing a tubeless then struggling or coughing up
any links to the type of lever please?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
We have park and fat Spanner ones.
Basically they are very large with a steel core.
Makes you worry you're going to snap the carbon rim edge😬

Back