USE forks - what year are they?

d8mok

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
USE stealth forks. What years are they from and until?

Any changes along the way.

What they like ?

I think there were two versions as there were changes made later in the production run. Definitely 1 inch and 1 1/8 - which seem elusive (in the sense that they seem even more rare than the already rare fork in itself).

Not sure if the removeable disc mount was a later addition or not, but it was quite agricultural and spoilt the very pretty lines. Disc "readiness" would probably point to mid/late 90's. I'd reckon 95-97. They weren't in the 94 MBUK group test, but that doesn't mean they weren't around.

I've heard they're pretty plush, but reckon they could be quite flexy (not unusual for a mid 90's suspension fork). Seemed a massive leap for USE at the time, and don't know if they used proprietary internals or it was all their own design.

I'd love a set for my P7.

They are ok, light, not a whole lot of travel, a bit flexy, but look cool. Think the version I had was elastomer & spring internals (think of their suspension seatposts), also had a disc mount on the right hand leg which I believe was specific to the Sachs Powerdisc disc brake system.
Mid to late nineties I think, but there's not a vast amount of info out there about them. DSC_0502_edit_120280614182708.jpg

Yeh there’s so little info out there.

Just thinking it’s a bit different than he normal manitou / Rockshox for my next Zaskar build.

They really do look super smart - very clean lines.

I'm also keeping my eyes out for a set of Shocktech with the carbon wrapped lowers, again rare - but British build suspension forks that aren't Pace seem to be few and far between.

Back