Unique Jacques Anquetil / Brian Rourke Road Racing Bike

jason_pinches

Retro Newbie
Unique Jacques Anquetil / Brian Rourke Road Racing Bike

View pictures here: https://www.dropbox.com/sc/krl92psp08b1 ... phBnKourya

This Beautiful bike has a great history.

The bike has been re-sprayed by Brian Rourke cycles. Its late previous owner Brain Mathews was a great road cyclist. He not only raced with but was able to call the likes of Sean Kelly and Brian Rourke good friends

This Jacques Anquetil road frame was the 1st prize in a road race, in which I am told he beat Brian Rourke himself!

Since then the bike has been cherished as you can see from the photos

It is currently set up as a good quality touring bike
Triple stronglight front rings
Sachs 7/8 speed Campagnolo copy ergo levers but work with Shimano
Mavic 195 Rims on Shimano RSX hubs
3 TTT stem
Brake Campagnolo or Sachs.. unmarked?
Shimano Deore LX derailier
Excellent chrome work

Also, the bike has been fitted with brand new Schwalbe Blizzard Sport tyres (front and back) and a brand new 7/8 speed chain.

The bike will also come with free mudguards and drinks bottle holder.

54 cm seat tube centre to centre
55 cm top tube centre to centre

21 speed

700mm wheels

It has one negative, the seat post is currently stuck. I am sure it won’t take much to sort it but not really my thing. The brakes and gears will need fine tuning also but the bike is in full working order and ready to ride!

This bike is a pleasure to ride and looks great, not forgetting its intriguing past!

Inspection and cash on collection is welcomed

£300 ONO

CAN ARRANGE COLLECTION FROM SHREWSBURY OR BRISTOL (as I travel there every other weekend)

Blimey that's a name from the past if it's the one I'm thinking about ! Not sure he wold have won a race in the 1980's though........

GLWTS

Shaun

Midlife":ld8z9fev said:
Blimey that's a name from the past if it's the one I'm thinking about ! Not sure he wold have won a race in the 1980's though........

GLWTS

Shaun

Yeah it took me a bit of researching to find info on Mathews. I can only relay the information I was given from the previous owner but he seemed clued up on things. Any more info anybody could provide would be welcome :)

I am interested in this bike. Do you have a number I could call you on? If so please PM me

cheers Andy

Lowered price to £350!

I've lowered the price a bit early as I need a quick sale or I'll have to reluctantly sell elsewhere.

Anybody interested?

Latest posts

Back