Tricked up Rockshox

fettler

Senior Retro Guru
I picked these forks up a few weeks ago. Certainly interesting, I imagined whatever they came from originally would have been quite a trick bike. Looks like an RS1 crown with mag 20 legs fitted in reverse with a cut down brace fitted with a Pace brake rocker. Period Stif and Mag decals, they bounce OK too. Wondering whether to fit on my newly acquired RTS with a LT kit or leave them hanging around for something else. IMG_20240126_114810.jpg IMG_20240126_114816.jpg

Yep, nice.
Probably on a Pace to get the look or an Orange and being cool.
Seen it done before* and I'm doing it to a set, though we have V-brakes and Magura to use instead of the rocker.
Thinking about it someone on here did it recently too.
But that is a proper retro go at it.

Red, so could be an Rocky Mountain

As it's probably from Leeds area and so the North, we did cool stuff.
Sort of thing I would have done, not least as I had red on my bike to match too.

*Not on Mag20, but mag21

Last edited:

Backwards fork legs in late 91 on this example, Mavic headset and Salsa stem with Maguras on the build sheet.

Backwards fork legs in late 91 on this example, Mavic headset and Salsa stem with Maguras on the build sheet.
yes, using the 92 model MAG20.

It looks like the 93 MAG21 (often miss modeled or not pointed out in that thread) even on the same bike, was also used, but that seems to have gone normal and used discs at that point.

Back