Time to sell my 1991 Kona Cinder Cone

Ex-roadie

Retro Newbie
Kona Cinder Cone 1991 (possibly 92?)

Days after buying this bike via this forum 6 years ago we discovered we were about to have twins. Needless to say the bike didn't quite get the use I'd anticipated and so, after many years collecting dust (and sadly a little rust in places), it's time to admit defeat and sell on to someone who can look after it and enjoy it.

22.5 inch top tube and 20 inch c-t.

Paintwork is in reasonably good condition but has picked up a few minor scratches here and there.

All original parts as far as I can tell, with the exception of the new tyres which I put on recently as the old ones had perished. Annoyingly I've just noticed the rear has a flat... and also is slightly wide for frame clearance so you'll probably want to replace to avoid slight rubbing.

Velocity stem and Project 2 forks have no dents or dings, but there's a little rust pitting. I'd like to think it would be possible to restore without too much trouble.

500LX Shimano throughout.

Avocet saddle in great condition.

Bike will come with standard pedals and toe clips (not pictured).

As you can probably tell, the bike is in good condition but this is a very honest sale (hence the photos showing the worst bits!). I just have no time to fix the picture let alone polish it up, replace gear cables or generally maintain it and bring it back up to full condition.

Collection only from the Swansea area I'm afraid... I know this is massively limiting, but life is complicated enough without having the hassle of boxing it up and organising a courier.

This is a real practical classic. Asking for £120 (a lot less than I paid for it just a few years ago!)

Any questions please ask.

Attachments

• Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Bike 3.jpg
    Bike 3.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 396
  • Bike 4.jpg
    Bike 4.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 396
  • Bike 5.jpg