Ti Flexstem/Onza/P7/ODI Yeti Speed Grip & oddities

Wizard of OZ

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Updated 2 DEC 12

This was a rainy Sunday shed clear out a couple of weekends ago. All prices include 2nd class postage to the UK. Anything like posting overseas or signed for just ask. Paypal gift please, or add to cost to cover fees. Below is the proper ‘Retro’ lot for you all to ogle. See my add in the post ’98 section for other stuff. I can post on Saturdays only, so consider this for delivery times.

Pics up tomorrow. Well some. when for a ride instead. more pics soon!

Girvin Flexstem XST Titanium bar/stem combo – £75
1 & 1/8th quill stem, 135mm reach, slight rise 3 to 5 deg by my eye & with 5 deg back sweep to 515mm wide bars. I have a selection of bushings. It has a red bushing (hard – used but only buy me) currently installed. I also have one green (soft – might have been used but looks new) & a blue one (very hard – looks NOS but dirty). All in great nick with no splits to them. You can choose which one it will come with. An extra fiver for the other two if you want them with the Flexstem. These will be sold separately if left over when the bar/stem is gone. The bar stem is in reasonable condition with no cracks or bent bits. Has some scuffs & markings but being titanium could be polished out if you really wanted. There however is some small deformations at the ends of the bars where someone has obviously put some bar ends on but no big problems. On my kitchen scales is 580g all up. With the 515mm width someone has also cut the thing down from its original 22inches/560mm. So period correct then. Very clean look when on the bike with controls. So if you would like to reduce the direct steering of your ridged steed in favour of some anti-vib bling. This is for you!
8238434031_e13dd3538e.jpg
8239498266_3c66af6643.jpg

8238430363_ebb8ffec65.jpg
8239497528_490bd88501.jpg

8238435457_d1695251f6.jpg
8238436149_f2a21bd1c5.jpg

17inch Orange P7 frame – £75
An example of these excellent mono stay hard tails in a lovely translucent electric blue with a pearl to it. Think is 1997 or later. I have never found out. Someone might offer their thoughts. To me it has nice skinny stays for a V-brake model as there is no rear canti stop. Not as skinny as the early clockworks like my 1992 one, but not as thick as the V-brake/disc models that they ended up as. Has been well loved & used this frame. Decals & paint is not in great shape but I have never thought bad enough to get re painted. You might think different. Would be a great winter bike as it is. It will come with a no-name silver seat clamp & a black seat post to get you started. For those not familiar with Orange sizing, the collar is a true 32mm. I have had a 31.8mm on there one but you have to stretch it. The post is a black FSA (modern sorry) 29.6mm. The seat tube is 17inch centre to top. Top tube is 21.5 inches. 85mm long 1 & 1/8th head tube. I have had 100mm, 80mm & ridged (P2’s) on the bike over the years. Seem best at home with 80mm but was diamond fast tight single track weapon with the P2’s on. As I said the paint/decals are what they are. There are no cracks but there is a dent on the down tube that I can’t remember making but was definitely no there when I got it. Not big but letting you know. The treads in the BB & rear mech hanger are intact.
Have shown a pick of its last build to let you see its’ potential. It has just come out of its fifth build. It has been very good to me. I don’t want it to die a commuting death so as it is currently un-built and I need the space so it’s going. Enjoy.

Onza H.O. F+R canti brakes black NOS - £90
Wish I had a use for these but they always seem to get over looked in build plans so going to let them go to someone who wants to use them. What can I say - Stunning. Opened one box to ogle them for a bit but that’s it. New as a new thing.

Kalloy quill silver stem – £7
1 & 1/8, 120mm long with what looks like a 5 deg rise but have a looks at the pics to see for yourself. Have a nice noodle detail to the underside of stem.
8238428957_faf32d567c.jpg
8238428209_8afdb0069e.jpg

Onza bar ends £12
In sliver & quite light. They are well use with scratches on the outer edges with the logos faded. End plugs are still in reasonable nick. Have a nice little detail that no one notices - the clamp bolts are drilled through the centre to make them super light.
8238424989_5465b434e2.jpg
8239490538_568099b794.jpg

Clear ODI Yeti Speed Grip System for GRIP Shift SRT 800. Part NOS, part used sorry - £18
The bit that is used is the grips. They have gone slightly darker than the grip shifter bits, but not yellowing. Both of the grips have splits at the bar end of them. One has one 10mm long the other has two at 10mm & 4mm long. The edges of the raised Yeti logo are still sharp, so not very warn as a grip. If you’re carful you might get them on without more damage. Just though someone might give it a go. What are really for sale are the grip shift portions & end plugs. These are NOS & not been out of the card. They are made ‘Extra Tacky 32A Durometer’ so lovely & squishy.

V-brake Adapters by world Class NOS - £20
These things allow you to use your ubër-expensive CNC’d-artwork cost-a-fortune cantilever specific levers with these fan dangled new liner pull V-brakes. They say that they are for XT or LX V-brakes but look at diagram on back of packet to be sure they will fit your Vs.
8239486426_da6d6faffb.jpg
8239485676_17f9df73b6.jpg

Shimano BR-M600 V-brake arms - £6
No hardware with these. Come just as they are. Nothing special, but do the job.

Brake arch converter 26” to 700c pair - £30.
These a convert 26” wheeled bike frame to take 700c wheels. You mount then on to the brake studs of your frame (this mounting hardware is not included) then mount your brakes on the studs on the arch. Simples! They could do with a polish. Weigh just over 100g each. The rub with these is that one of the studs has been tightened into the arch so that its spring stop hole is at one o’clock & not half nine as the others are. Not a problem if you use brakes that don’t need a spring stop. See pics. You could drill anther hole in the right place if you needed to. They look to take a decent size tire too. The widest part of the arch inertial spacing is 65mm. The narrowest part at the mouth is 52mm wide. Make your winter MTB into a monster-cross machine with some drops.

Back