Reduced The unknown Easton frame!

goshow

Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
£110 posted mainland UK

I bought this frame from eBay about 7 months ago for £150. I've decided to go down a different route with a project (MS Racing / Early Alpinestars), so the frame is for sale.

What is it? Nobody knows!!!
What I do know is, it's bloody solid and very well made. It's made from Easton Elite 7005 tubing. I've done as much research as i possibly can, on here, google and FB, and the general feeling / consensus is that it's probably a works / team frame that would be used by works riders with their team decals on it. I honestly haven't got a clue but as there are no serial numbers or frame numbers anywhere then it's more than likely to be just that. If you look at the pic of the head-tube you can vaguely see the outline of a logo that looks like "R", but again, nobody could identify this or shed any light on it.

It measures about 17 1/4 to 17 1/2" from centre of BB to centre of top tube. Head tube is 120mm in length. internal dia of head tube is 33.5mm or whatever that equates to in imperial. Bottom bracket fitted and runs smoothly although i don't know what make (looks like Shimano).

Some minor pitting to the chain-stay from chain slap. A couple of minor dents in the down-tube, as picture. They're hard to picture but they're there to see.

It'd make a great work-horse, gravel bike or MTB.

There is another on eBay at the min, nowhere near as tidy as this, £150. Search "Vintage easton elite mtb frame."

Attachments

• thumbnail_image0.jpg
    thumbnail_image0.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 89
  • thumbnail_image1.jpg
    thumbnail_image1.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 90
  • thumbnail_image2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 71
  • thumbnail_image3.jpg
    thumbnail_image3.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 76
  • thumbnail_image5.jpg
    thumbnail_image5.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 74
  • thumbnail_image6.jpg
    thumbnail_image6.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 73
  • thumbnail_image7.jpg
    thumbnail_image7.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 68
  • thumbnail_image0-2.jpg
    thumbnail_image0-2.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 57
  • thumbnail_image2-2.jpg
    thumbnail_image2-2.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 50
  • thumbnail_image3-2.jpg
    thumbnail_image3-2.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Is that a Coyote?
Sorry, only just seen this. Not a Coyote. As stated, it’s unknown.

Many people including myself have tried to identify them but still none the wiser. I’m 95% sure it’s a works / team frame that would be painted / stickered with the teams colours.

Saracen kili? But yeah I'd go coyote. Rear stays look identical to one I had a few years back. Great frames 😎 I'd imagine pretty light too

Back