Techy help needed - internet problem

markoc

Orange 🍊 Fan
I'm fast approaching a significant sense of humour failure so if anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful. I'm running vista with chrome as my browser. Internet is through sky and the router is hardwired to the pc as the wireless is shonky.

The computer has decided that the internet will now only work when it wants to, and will be as slow as a three legged tortoise. Connectivity is completely lost and when I "repair" it, it drops out again. I'get changed nothing on the machine and last week it was its usual super quick self.

WiFi isn't the problem as it is quick as a flash through my mobile and I'm posting through my Wii.

Anyone got any ideas as to what I can do? I'm properly useless with computers. Oh, and i'm using McAfee and spybot so hopefully am protected in that respect.

sky have their own routers - look for the reset button (not the on/off button)

press and hold for 5 seconds, wait for the router to reset then, hey presto, the interweb should be a wee bit faster. it resets the link to your exchange and allows almost normal web browsing for at least an hour until the neighbour starts downloading 15 films at once on a 0.9meg broadband...

Back