Tech Wildthing 199x - The silver beast of the North - Mountain cruiser

This is just the bike for @Imlach
That is very nice and very special, but personally I don't like that it's half painted. Prefer the raw Ti look, and not polished. I am very very pleased with the one I bought. I'd never spend 3000 euro on a bike, but it seems some hopeless drunken brethren will :D

The only thing that really worries me about that picture is the abandoned wheelchair at the bottom of the slope...
No, that's probably parked at the bottom of the ramp because the skinnies don't roll on sand. Fat tired options exist images (6).jpeg
I've brought Dad to the beach using one of those, people are usually decent enough not to steal a parked wheelchair. You think mountain bikes are overpriced? Try medical equipment

No, that's probably parked at the bottom of the ramp because the skinnies don't roll on sand. Fat tired options exist View attachment 684621
I've brought Dad to the beach using one of those, people are usually decent enough not to steal a parked wheelchair. You think mountain bikes are overpriced? Try medical equipment
Oh hell yeah, tell me about it. My boss at the bike shop was in a wheelchair, we bought in the grey tyres and tubes and sold them for 1/3 what the medical shops did... Thieving gits.

I have been trying to get more info about the brand Cycle Tech as well. I bought a Tech bike in High School. I believe it was around 1990 or 1991. Attached is an image of my bike circa 1991. This had a 6000 or 7000 series fat tube aluminum frame and I believe the frame was made in Japan. The components were the highest end Suntour components, with a MAGNESIUM chainring and quick access bearing valves that allowed a grease gun to be quickly inserted into the hubs: old grease pushes out the other end and new grease enters in from the grease gun end. I sold it around the year 2000 and have been trying to find it or another one for the past 3 years. It's a unicorn.

I believe the model is "Exotic". Apparently there is a 1991 Mountain Bike Action Buyer's Guide and Tech bikes are in it, including the Tech Exotic.

Attachments

• Tech Exotic.png
    Tech Exotic.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
Back