"Stolen Bike Alert " Colnago CT1 "£500 reward

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Its not my bike, but seeing as here is 1 of the main sites I thought I'd bring this to our attention. My actual post is what follows, Thanks, Laz.

Was browsing Ebay and came across this frame & kit for sale

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0874154868

Read the guys listing where he asks for help in tracing his beloved "race" machine, a Colnago CT1. Myself I'm not in any way familiar with this type of bike, but can keep my eyes peeled for any listings of Colnago's, not just CT1's. I spend huge hours trawling the bay for hidden treasures & bikes worth saving. Not much gets past me in any catagory.

Your help could be invaluable, since everyone in here rides on a regular basis in 1 form or another. I pass hundreds of riders each year on my travels, and I'm a part timer on local runs. Perhaps someone in here has already seen this bike and thought "how the hell did they afford that ?" OR maybe has just seen it and thought WOW, maybe even had a sniff of it being touted around".

If I don't ask, we'll all never know :)

The bike went missing from the Liverpool area (don't know where yet), and 1 of his bikes turned up in Warrington, the culprit (and actual thief) caught, but he won't say where the Colnago is, the b**tard is keeping stumm. That means it's out there somewhere, since it wasn't found in the search of his premises.

So gents, any clues, info, thoughts, ideas on how to find it are most welcome, and I'm damned sure the chap who's lost it will be more than appreciative of ANY help, no matter how small. I have requested a pic, and can only wait to see if the guy has the time to send me 1 ? My best to you all, yours Laz.

PS: Bike Spec "cut & paste" from his ebay post

A reward of £500 will be paid for the return of the Colnago Racing Bike that went missing from my home in August.

· Colnago CT1 Frameset with straight John Cobb OVAL ventilated carbon aero fork blades (metallic blue & silver – carbon [NL12] frameset colour scheme as per larger photo but with solid chain stays).

· Campagnolo Vento wheels in black with black striped blue tyres – black QR skewers.

· Campagnolo Super Record carbon groupset (full groupset all carbon).

· Campagnolo Ergopower brakes (all carbon).

· Campagnolo C10 HD-L Chain.

· Campagnolo 10 speed block.

· Thomson Elite seatpost – black turned alloy.

· Colnago saddle – blue, black suede with white stitching.

· Look pedals – blue.

· Deda Synapsi bars with illuminating end stops taped mottled white.

· Twin bottle cages – blue aluminium –gold screw cap covers.

· Cateye cordless 7 cyclometer.

· Frame as per this colour set, forks have been swapped for full OVAL aero ventilated blades (much wider).

The handlebars and forks are very distinctive and can be easily spotted.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of this Road Bike please contact me or e-mail me. Please if you are offered this bike or any of its parts. e-mail me through Ebay

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back