SOLD: Mac Mini

JohnH

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For Sale: Mac Mini

3771697418_cfd3b8624a.jpg

I am selling my much loved and cherished 2006 Apple Mac Mini, now that I've upgraded to the 2009 version of the same computer. I have owned this Mini from new, having bought it in December 2006 from Jennings of Scarborough and it has been an extremely reliable machine.

It has a 1.66GHz Intel Core Duo processor, a 60GB HDD (about 55GB when formatted), a combo optical drive and 1GB of Crucial memory (upgradable to 2GB). Its operating system is OS X 10.4 "Tiger" which includes the "iLife" suite of programs (iDVD, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iWeb, GarageBand). This can be upgraded to OS X 10.5 "Leopard".

3771697404_44bdbd1799.jpg

The Mini has spent its life in a smoke-free, pet-free home and is in superb cosmetic condition. As you'd expect for a 2.5 year old computer, it has the usual *very* light wear marks on the white top-plate, but these can only be seen when the machine is held up to the light. They are otherwise invisible. Apart from this, it has absolutely no scratches, scuffs, dents, gouges or cracks.

3771697408_23b601123c.jpg

The Mini comes complete with...
  • Power brick and mains cable
  • DVI-to-VGA adapter
  • Infra-red remote control
  • Original Install/Restore discs
  • Original user guides and warranty leaflets in their grey card box (and this even includes the little sheet of Apple stickers that it shipped with!)
3771697416_ed084ae7ea.jpg

The HDD been completely wiped and restored to factory settings. So when the Mini is first booted up, it will be ready to receive the new owner's personal information – just as it did when it was brand new.

Post and packing details: The Mini and its accessories will be put into their original packaging and white presentation box. This will then be put into polystyrene inserts and placed in its original Apple brown shipping box. But just to be sure, I'm going to wrap that brown box in more packaging and put that into a second brown box before posting.

I'll send it using Royal Mail Special Delivery (Next Day).

Price: £325 including P&P.

Tintin, I've just come back from staying at a friend's house in Bracknell. I needed to check my mail, so I used his Windows XP laptop (with 2GB of ram).

Now, I'm not trying to start another tedious Mac vs. PC argument, but I honestly don't know how reasonable people can use a PC without tearing their own hair out. Whether it was booting up or just starting a web browser, everything took ages to happen! I thought the machine had locked up, but no.... :roll:

The fact that MS had to bring out Windows 7 shows how bad vista is.

Back