SOLD Kona Kilauea 1993 16" frame and parts

MatBH5

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
For sale this very tidy (imo) Kona frame from 1993. 16" c-t
Bike of the year that year I think. Was the 1992 Explosif frame.
Great burgundy-silver fade Paintwork generally very good condition, as are decals, one 'e' missing from a 'Kilauea' and that's about it. Some stone chips but nothing rusted.
Most areas prone to rubbing were heli-taped, original chainstay protector intact. Area of chain suck isn't deep and was covered with tape and has never rusted. One other rub on top of downtube from a water bottle, again, just through the paint.
All threads ok, everything came off this perfectly, and was well-greased etc.
I'll sell this with the 27.0mm seat post, although this is scored from bad adjustment. Also the original saddle which is scuffed but has no tears so could likely be renovated.
Kona seat clamp and canti guide included. Please note that the seat clamp threads are shot, and therefore has been changed to work with a nut/bolt which is perfectly sound. You could source another clamp, of course.
Shimano bb fitted, I don't have the tool to remove. Was smooth enough but consider it a freebie.
FREE MINT SAUCE STICKER which I wish I could remove as it was always my favourite.
£75 for all this, plus post (say £15) or collection ok or I can deliver to London next week.
The original cranks were Sugino 'Fuse 500' with OK rings and original plastic caps. Will throw in for £10 extra only with frame.
Original-ish wheels (black lx hubs on Mavic, though I think the rear rim has been replaced), inc. cassette, and chain (so you get the drivetrain) also £10 extra (only with frame)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.6 KB · Views: 846
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 846
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 846
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg