SOLD Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 7 Eleven 1989 Mavic SSC

ylwgto

Retro Guru
SOLD
This is a beautiful 1989 Eddy Merckx team 7-Eleven road bike. The bike is in excellent original condition with just a few paint chips (see pics link). No dents or dings. This is the 1989 model and has the flat crown Merckx fork and the full chrome seat stays and fork legs. Tubeset is Columbus SLX and front and rear drops are Campagnolo. Chrome is excellent. The bike has a very rare full Mavic SSC group on it in equally nice condition. Ride ready.

Cut and paste the below link to your browser for many additional pics of the bike:
s456.photobucket.com/user/ylwgto/slideshow/1989%20Merckx%20Corsa%20Extra%207-Eleven?sort=2

Measures: Seat tube center to center 56cm, top tube center to center 56cm, standover 31.75"
Serial number: D 6X B 2213 (6=56cm and X=Corsa Extra)

Build:
Headset-Mavic 305
Crankset-Mavic 631 "Starfish" 170mm
Brake calipers-Mavic 440 SSC w/Mavic pads
Brake levers-Mavic 440 SSC aero
Rear derailleur-Mavic 851 SSC
Front derailleur-Mavic 862 SSC braze on
Shifters-Mavic SSC Retrofriction Super LJ (Simplex)
Bottom bracket-Mavic 610 cartridge
Hubs-Mavic 550 w/skewers
Rims-Mavic Open 4CD 32H
Spokes-Wheelsmith SS
Seatpost-American Classic
Saddle-Selle San Marco Concor Supercorsa
Stem-Modolo professional
Bars-Modolo Professional Anatomic
Tires-Continental GP 3000 700 x 23c (red)
Chain-Sedis
Freewheel-Shimano 7 speed
Bike has the original white-dipped cables and original white Blackburn bottle cages. New Fizik perforated leather bar tape has been installed and I am including a RARE Specialized 7-Eleven NOS team water bottle (that my buddy in Boulder, CO got from a team member back in the day).

This bike is stunning and rides great. It will be the talk of your next ride and would make a worthy addition to your collection. Email with any questions.

$1950 USD

Shipping to USA 48 is $75 professionally packed and insured for the purchase price. International shipping to MOST locations is ok and will probably be $200-250 depending where (in 2 boxes).

Attachments

• P1140267.JPG
    P1140267.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,125
  • P1140289.JPG
    P1140289.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 1,125
Re: Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra 7 Eleven 1989 Mavic SSC

might be interested in this if you can move a little bit on price as i would need it shipped to Ireland..also would it be possible to show some more detailed photo's please especially bottom bracket serial number and some close ups of rest of bike please.thanks

Hi,
Thanks for the interest. There are a ton of extra pics in this link:
s456.photobucket.com/user/ylwgto/slideshow/1989%20Merckx%20Corsa%20Extra%207-Eleven?sort=2

have a look and we can discuss. if you want larger format pics you can PM me your email and I can send them to you directly.
Thanks.

cool. FYI, shipping to Ireland will be via USPS International Priority (2 boxes). An close approximation of cost is below:

box 1 (bike): 45 x 23 x 8, 23lbs. insured for $650 (max allowable) = $105.20
box 2 (wheels, saddle, etc): 27 x 34 x 8, 11lbs. insured for $650 = $89.90

So, roughly $200ish to ship. It would also have to be partially disassembled to make size restrictions.

hi i sent pm there (i think!) my e-mail is there anyway if you want to contact me on that. thanks

The bike is once again for sale. After stringing me along for a week, the interested party backed out of the transaction after I had disassemble and packed the bike.

Please, serious buyers only…thank you.

Back