SOLD: A veritable plethora of late-vintage cycling gear!

a4racer

Dirt Disciple
Ahoy folks! Sorry for the overly broad title, but the limited number of characters precluded a comprehensive list!

I was working on a build, but collected a few too many items. Now that I've got some clarity on the direction of my retro build, I thought I'd sell some of the surplus items (mainly to fund the balance of the build!)

Up for sale are:

1. White Brothers / Mavic 121 Ceramic wheelset - 36h vintage goodness. 1lb15oz front, 2lb5oz rear. A pretty nice fairly light vintage wheelset. Wheels are in GOOD condition--rims are nice and true, the hubs spin well and smooth (no grinding) and the free hub body has good engagement. Decals are in GOOD condition, but some are starting to lift and peel, the glue appears to have dried from under. Additionally, some spoke eyelets have some corrosion (tire-side only). I've tried to take pics of the worst of it--the rear has 4 in a row that are worse for wear, but the wheel remains true and holds easily under load. A bargain (I think) at $300 USD. (SOLD!)

2. Shimano ST-M737 Rapidfire brake / shifter combo (3x:cool: - WYSIWYG. VERY GOOD condition, a mite dirty in spots, and one tiny screw missing (see pics). Let's say $65 USD for the pair? (SOLD!)

3. Shimano RD-M739 Rear Derailleur (8 speed) - GOOD condition, dirty, but the pulleys still have some life in them. Minimum of scratching. Some say this is the best XT group to date. Certainly the best of the 8 speed offerings--let's say $20 USD? (SOLD!)

4. Paul's Motolite (black) linear pull brakes - one set only (F or R) - VERY GOOD condition...comes with all of the hardware pictured. Springs are nice and tight, this is ready to go for your 26", 650b, 700c, whatever fits, brother. Only problem is that one of the two small rubber O-rings is split. Let's apply a little discount to that, and sell this one for $65 USD. (SOLD!)

5. Paul's Motolite (silver) linear pull brakes - one set only (F or R) - Also, like it's brother (sister?) in VERY GOOD condition. O-rings in this instance are just fine. As above, but in silvery silver. $70 USD. (SOLD!)

6. XTR ceramic V-brake shoes (and pads, naturally) - Shoes and pads, ceramic only (a nice match to the Ceramic 121s above...how does $20 USD for two pair strike your fancy? (SOLD!)

Prices as marked--shipping is on top of the stated prices, but I don't think it fair to add a PayPal surcharge...I'll eat that if PP is the method of payment we agree upon! Items will ship from the lovely Pacific Northwest (Canadian edition).

I know I'm new to the forums here, but I'm on the 'Bay with the same username (a4racer) and on the Paceline forums with the same username (also a4racer!)

Please e-mail me if you have any questions (item related or not--Q: what is the capital of Ghana? A: Accra), if you need more detailed pictures, or if you generally want to engage in a battle of the wits (hint: you will likely win).

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if my prices are out of line. Especially as I am new here, I want to be respectful to the group and to all of the rules, both written and "un"!

Pics to follow (once I figure out how to resize 'em on my Macbook hahaha)

:mrgreen:

And now some pics...

Sorry I didn't attach these to the original post, but here they are!!!

Attachments

• les_chaussettes.jpg
    les_chaussettes.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 516
  • pauls_silver.jpg
    pauls_silver.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 516
  • pauls_black.jpg
    pauls_black.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 516
  • rd_back.jpg
    rd_back.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 516
  • rd_top.jpg
    rd_top.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 516
  • rd_front.jpg
    rd_front.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 516
  • shifters_bottom.jpg
    shifters_bottom.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 515
  • shifters_glamour.jpg
    shifters_glamour.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 515
And...pics of the wheels

A few pics of the wheels now...and one more post to come (sorry dudes!)

Attachments

• rw_sideshot.jpg
    rw_sideshot.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 512
  • rw_sideshot_2.jpg
    rw_sideshot_2.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 512
  • rw_ceramic_detail.jpg
    rw_ceramic_detail.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 512
  • rw_rim_and_hub.jpg
    rw_rim_and_hub.jpg