SOLD 1986 Ridgeback 'S' with bullmoose bars

retrobikeguy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
So I picked this up at an auction for charity a while back..... while drinking :oops:

Paid to much as I was bid up by another guy but its all about the charity eh...... or was it winning :facepalm:

anyhow, its a project for someone wanting an early piece of mtb history to add to the collection and all the hard to find stuff is there. frame has some cable rub paint loss - we call it patina, and decals are worn in areas. It does ride and shifts gear really well, stops good too buy it does need some new blake pads but I havent done anything other than grease the seatpost since I got it.

I'm only after £60 for this rare beasty, worth more parted out I guess but it would be nice for someone to get it back up to spec and ride it.

Collection from York only - No postage

19.5" frame in dark metallic grey
colour matched bullmoose bars
Red S cantilever brake set
Climber ratchet thumbshifters
stronglight chainset
deerhead front derailleur
terrible SIS rear derailleur
sealed bottom bracket
madison saddle, bit worse for wear.
mismatched rigida rims
unknown hubs with 5 speed freewheel
ritchey zmax rear tyre, random front pos
Miche seatclamp

IMG-20200414-121126.jpg

IMG-20200414-121236.jpg

IMG-20200414-121202.jpg

IMG-20200414-121140.jpg

she is a doerupper remember :)

Re:

I'm going to double check
Still looking for tape measure
Found spirit level withinches on
It's 18" c-c and 19.5" c-t...... So not quite 20"

Re:

Lovely that, York is way too far for me to go for this otherwise I'd have this.

If you change your mind on postage then let me know

Re:

I've had a couple of people interested based on If I posted it.... I did it cheap to try and entice people to come and collect it, I know it's not ideal at the moment but just the way things are. Soooooo bargain for a local maybe.

RBG

Re:

I had one of these for years - my first MTB. I'm local (Teesside) and interested. PM sent.

Back