***SOLD*** £290 Kona Jake The Snake (Ex Team) For Sale

lunadan

Retro Newbie
Hi,
I have a lovely Jake The Snake for sale, purchased through a friend, off of a Kona Team rider 5 years ago. After doing a spot of research, I think it's a 2003-4 vintage, but in the team colours of red and blue.
It's obviously seen a bit of cross track use, (though not by me) which has caused a few scuffs to paint, the brake blocks probably need replacing, and there is a slight ding to the front wheel rim, but only noticeable under heavy breaking. The drivetrain is all fine though.
The frame is 58cm I think (after reviewing several sizing guides) but possibly 56cm, I'm 6ft and it fits me perfectly.

Specs for 2003 Jake the Snake:

Frame Construction - TIG-welded
Frame Tubing Material - Easton Ultralite
Fork Brand & Model - Kona Project 2 TB
Fork Material - Chromoly, unicrown crown
Brakeset - Avid Shorty 4 brakes, Shimano 105 STI Dual Control levers
Shift Levers - Shimano 105 STI Dual Control
Front Derailleur - Shimano 105
Rear Derailleur - Shimano 105 GS
Crankset - TruVativ Elita, 39/48 teeth
Bottom Bracket - TruVativ ISIS Team SL
BB Shell Width - 68mm English
Rear Cogs - 9-speed, 12 - 25 teeth
Chain - Shimano CN-HG53, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost - Koski Stronghold
Saddle - SDG Satellite
Handlebar - Koski road bar
Handlebar Stem - Kona Control
Headset - 1 1/8" threadless Aheadset STS

Now for the tricky bit.......
I paid £500 for it in 2007, I originally sold my tricked out 2002 Explosif (Man, I miss that bike!) to fund it.
I've given it five years, and although it's a lovely bike and goes like a rocket, I've actually only ridden it a handful of times, and not at all in the last year and a half. I'm just not into road riding, so have decided to start a new Explosif project, and sell this to fund that.
I'm not entirely sure what to sell this for, so I'm open to sensible offers, even better, if you have just happen to have an 18" Explosif circa 2006 onwards, it'd make my day!

Attachments

• Jake the Snake.JPG
    Jake the Snake.JPG
    312.8 KB · Views: 2,812
Excuse me for my ignorance, but I really have no idea how much it's worth, going on the amount I paid for it and how little I have used it, can we start the ball rolling at £400 and go from there.

Obviously the wrong price!

Well, I still have no idea of current value, and going by lack of response, I would say £400 seems to be too much, is £300 more reasonable, please also feel free to make an offer, I have just taken receipt of a 2006 Kona Explosif frame and need funds desperately, so it might be your lucky day!

Back