So I bought me some stickers.

synchronicity

Senior Retro Guru
It's funny how much we spend on bike bits, only to be frustrated at how closely cars overtake us.

Attachments

• overtake.jpg
    overtake.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 2
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Anything that keeps us safer is a good idea.
I always use daytime running lights.
Driving standards have got worse in the last 15 years.
Volume of traffic has increased to saturation point

i honestly reckon where i ride in the Peak district, things have got far better with our relationship with drivers.

it's true, the percentage of incompetent fools hasnt diminished, but the confrontational hoots and jibes are at a minimum. Drivers seem content to follow us up a climb and safely overtake at the appropriate point. Maybe its because we make the effort to single out and they appreciate our effort or maybe its because cycling is really common in the area and they have adjusted to us being part of normal traffic

I think things have got better.
Almost nobody used to give me 1.5m of space 30 years ago.
Still, there is a long way to go.

Should factory standard be hyphenated? Factory-standard?
No. I can see why you might wonder about hyphenating it though: it is a compound term. However, there are open, hyphenated, and closed compound terms. Open ones are usually written as two separate words although they express a single idea, e.g., 'sky blue', 'dining room'. Closed ones are written as just one word, e.g., 'bathroom', 'downhill' (when used as an adjective to describe a bike). Hyphenated ones, obviously, contain hyphens, e.g., 'mum-to-be', 'fat-free'. Sometimes, all three possibilities are acceptable, e.g., 'paper clip', 'paperclip', and 'paper-clip' and individual publishing houses will have their own preferred style. However, language changes all the time and hyphenated words are becoming less common, while open and closed compound terms are on the increase. Since the more-common 'industry standard' is not usually hyphenated, there is little reason why 'factory standard' should be.

There you go. I can't imagine why it's taken three days for someone to answer your question! 🤣

Latest posts

Back