Smoke/ Dart tubeless??

1bhp

Retro Guru
Anyone done the above successfully with the classics?? A quick search and i can't find a conclusive yay or nay....

Cheers. BP

With which rims are you planning to do this?

You can 'convert' most tyres to tubeless by sealing the inner surface with liquid latex. Although it's a massive faff and you'd be better off just filling lightweight tubes with sealant and calling it a day.

Re:

Hey dude, either the cheap bonti’s that are on it at present, or a nice set of yet to be saved for custom build, both tubeless ready...

It’s part of a growing dilemma - not huge clearance on the Hei hei, so would like narrow tyres as possible, struggling to find anything slimmer than the 1.95 smokes, that are also amberwall (vain I know) - the Terra 1, are a bit wider it seems, and Simworks are spenny and not in stock currently... just hoped that the smoke/ dart classics were actually tubeless ready, but it’s not mentioned in the panaracer site, so fearing they’re not... latex’ing, not sure I’ve got the patience or skillz!!

There’s other options but none that I’ve found are aggressive tread pattern enough for this intended use and really think low-pressure of tubeless is a big bonus...

Cheers B

I would not bother I did go tubeless but after damaging two side walls and seeing the mess caused I gave up and went back to tubes and slim .
I used 25mm Gorilla tape to seal the rims which is much cheaper and more controllable than Stans.
https://www.toolstation.com/gorilla-clo ... 88QAvD_BwE
and you might also get some bleeding of fluid through the walls at the start with the tyre you want to use but that soon seals.

bjellys":oy6dvdgu said:
I would not bother I did go tubeless but after damaging two side walls and seeing the mess caused I gave up and went back to tubes and slim .
I used 25mm Gorilla tape to seal the rims which is much cheaper and more controllable than Stans.
https://www.toolstation.com/gorilla-clo ... 88QAvD_BwE
and you might also get some bleeding of fluid through the walls at the start with the tyre you want to use but that soon seals.

Thanks mate, top tip on the gorilla tape. I think I'll wait and see if i can find any of the discontinued Schwalbe's that are tubeless ready, or hopefully the next Terra One's might be tubeless - you're right they are a bit of a faff sometimes but the trade off with most small punctures not stopping you is still worth in my mind...

I did green wildgrippers tubeless.

Then decided i didn't ride my retro often enough, so stripped them down, cleaned them up and put them back tubed.
They worked fine, didn't leak (had them up for a month, give or take, no issues).

Back