SL-M748 plus possible Pace Hope Blue Ti Wheels

MisterGrizzly

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Howdy folks

I have these babies for sale as I've gone to 9 spd on this particular steed, so though in excellent condition (only one minor scuff on one lever bracket) and working perfectly, they are now surplus to use.
Anyway, £40 posted pp gift and they're yours!

Anything to get away from Strictly surely.... :LOL:

PS, just a thought here, as I'm not sure what to do... but if anyone's interested I may :roll: sell my mint condition blue ti-glide hope hub wheels with blue MK1 skewers (some marks) from my Pace... so obviously they're dished for Pace only, with DT spokes and Mavic 217SUP rims (clean and true with standard rim use)... but it would only be for somewhere around the £300 mark, which you may think expensive, but its only because I'd either keep them or replace with a modern £350+ pair, if you see where I'm coming from...?!

Why, you ask?! As I'm not a fan of them being the only blue bits on an otherwise silver and black beauty (sad I know)...

So all in all, happy to sell the shifters... but as you can see, very unsure about the wheels!

Hope you understand where I'm coming from there guys :shock:

Attachments

• sl-m748.JPG
    sl-m748.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 618
levers still for sale guys...

and if any pace riders do fancy this great set of wheels, let me know if youd like pics/talk pricing etc and ill take them off the bike... if they were silver id be keeping them :?

Hope hubbed wheels will never be worth what you're after for them..Even my rarer disk hubs in blue on M231's are worth nowhere near that....

boxxer":1dt84yj7 said:
Hope hubbed wheels will never be worth what you're after for them..Even my rarer disk hubs in blue on M231's are worth nowhere near that....

as my post says, I'm selling the shifters and its only a thought (if someone wants some minty Pace-dished blue ones I'll buy some modern silver/black, and of course they can talk to me about price, as I also said in the second post)...

I didn't put this in the "please advise me on your opinions of valuations whilst telling us all what rarer things you have (in your opinion)" post, just that I'm selling my shifters and would consider selling my wheels, possibly, if I can get a good contribution to the price of a modern replacement...

Its no issue, they'll stay on my bike without issue, its no problem, I'm happy if no-ones interested (I'm only actively selling the shifters), and if you arent, thats fine, but if you want to post your wisdom, maybe pop onto the "how much is my xyz worth?" thread and impart it there? Im sure that it will then be most valued

No hard feelings here buddy, just dont think its your place on my thread to do so :)

And I'm a pacifist too, so please take this in the right way its intended and leave the thread as it is, which is a sale thread for my shifters and for anyone who's interested in my pace dished wheels (it may well be that no-one is anyway) a way of communicating further through possible pm.

Sincerely, have a nice evening :D

Are you going to mention that the rare Pace spoke key that would make these just another set of wheels isn't included in the sale?

Take that in the spirit it's intended...

Sorry to hijack your thread but was just wondering what is meant by "dished for pace" as I have an RC200 but never realised the wheels needed to be specially dished??

boxxer":13ozjlrx said:
Are you going to mention that the rare Pace spoke key that would make these just another set of wheels isn't included in the sale?

Take that in the spirit it's intended...

;) Only if you'll redish them... Can't let it lie eh, that's a shame

:D

thegrouch":1je44rzd said:
Sorry to hijack your thread but was just wondering what is meant by "dished for pace" as I have an RC200 but never realised the wheels needed to be specially dished??

No worries buddy, yeah the rear wheel's offset differently due to the rc's rear alignment, so I have to mention that they're dished for Pace, not because it makes them rarer (as another poster seems to think I'm getting at?) but because if anyone got the wheels and they had a different 'normal' bike, they'd be pretty peed off wouldn't they when they found the rear rim was offset (and then depended on their skills, equipment or a wheelbuilder to 'set them straight')!?!

:)

Latest posts

Back