Shorter - Reynolds 653 Touring/Audax - 58cm ST 56cmTT

gillepy

Retro Guru

Reynolds 653 Shorter frameset built by Barry Chick. I purchased this from ebay (from the original owner) a few months ago as a stopgap while my custom frame was delayed. Having now taken delivery of my frame I was asked "what are you going to do with the other one?." Keeping it in the shed was apparently not a good enough answer.

Its a very versatile frame having mudguard and rack mounts as well as horizontal dropouts. It has clearance for 25c tyres with mudguards. I also recently had the bottom bracket faced and chased to better accept an external bottom bracket. The frame is in good general conditions with a few scrapes (I'll detail if there is any interest) the most notable being on the inside chain-stay where the wheel came loose. I like to think this was due to the Watts i was putting out but it was more likely i hadn't done the skewer up properly.

Initially I'd like to sell as a complete bike, comprising:

Shorter 653 frameset
Top tube is 56 cm centre to centre,
Seat tube is 58cm centre to centre,
Head tube is 16.5 cm.

Campagnolo Chorus Headset.
Shimano 105 Groupset - Shifters, mechs, bottom bracket and chain nearly new*. Cranks are compact and have a bit of rubbing on the crank arms. I think the cassette is 12-25/27.
Tektro A359 Calipers.*
KAlloy 'Campag Style' Seatpost.*
Zenith 100mm 26.0 Stem.*
Deda Special 26 Handlebars 44cm wide.*
Tortec Ultralite Rack.*
SKS Guards.*
Fizik Performance soft touch tape.*
Charge Spoon Saddle.*

Wheels are not those pictured I will include some RX100 hubs to Mavic CXP10(?) rims fitted with michelin dynamic tyres. These could do with a little bit of a service and a true but are definitely rideable at present

For this handsome steed I would like £525 collected from Nottingham. If you don't want a few of the parts (rack, guards wheels etc.) I'm happy to discuss.

* All of the marked parts were new when fitted to the bike 5 months or so ago.

Back