retro(ish) frame

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
Hi guys. So I've come up with an ingenious plan that I'll probably regret nearer the time but I'm looking for a frame to build for next year's Mayhem. Yes I'll be there and taking it a little less serious, taking a trip down memory lane when I took that old £50 bodged together Kona to the 2017 Mayhem and scared the living s**t out of myself. I'm just looking for something to build a cheaper bike using the parts from my old Giant as that will be getting a major upgrade.

Basically I'm looking for a cheap frame (£50 is kind of my thoughts at the moment to keep the build under £100 but might be able to stretch a little more if something I really like comes up). Must be disc compatible and for 26" wheels. 19-20" frame. Other than that it's just a case of if I like it. I'm not after anything special, just something I like the look of (so you get to see just how bad my taste in bikes is :LOL: )

I'm in absolutely no rush as I won't be building it until the summer at least when I can actually afford the £200 to transform my Giant but I just thought I'd start looking for the frame now in case something comes up I really like.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• kona2017.jpg
    kona2017.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 407
Re:

I have a Merlin Malt frame in 19", disc compatible, no cracks or dents, does have scratches and chips.

Used it as my winter bike and it rides nice. I reckon I could get it delivered to you for £50.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    354.7 KB · Views: 354
Back