Rest in peace kaya

Horrible news, so sorry to hear this. Vern helped me out on a couple of occasions and was always a top guy to chat on the phone and by text. He even got the wrong ‘Mat’ on one occasion and text me while he was on some adventure or another in the Lakes, I think on a Kiliflyer… It was still a funny exchange.
Thoughts are with his closest friends and family tonight.

Really sorry to read this!

I only met Vern once when he came up to Scotland to join one of our rides, but I can only echo what everyone else has said. He was a really friendly bloke and a joy to go for a ride with. We've lost a good one!

His ride report is here.

Vern.jpg

RIP Vern, a straight to the point, plain speaking gentleman, who was also great company and a silky smooth fast rider. Thoughts with his family and friends at this difficult time.

The feelings and emotions here are palpable

Having met Vern on a few rides over the years, we had the odd chat via Facebook or RB PM, and almost an argument over my timing of the Gates Ride

Almost

Its was nearly saddlebags at dawn (if Dawn had allowed it)

That was Vern, never really angry about anything, laid back and seemingly always happy, barely a hint as to what was going on personally and with a magnetic personality (unless it was aluminium or titanium).

I am sorry for everyone that he has gone but glad that he will be remembered so well.

1642700324400.png

I met Vern through this forum, more years ago than I feel comfortable remembering, at the time I had little idea it would lead to countless "adventures" around the North York Moors and evenings sat by open fires, with far too much to drink...

We will all have a own fond memories of such a great guy and motivator of mis-adventure, as I've said before, mine are all a little hazy, parly due to his amazing Sloe Gin

Good times and good people stay with you forever

1.JPG

So sad to read this, had some great times on Vern’s ride’s, which always seemed to start at the bottom of a small (massive) climb, Rest In Peace Vern.

Back